Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone .went to old hotel site after work. got a big strike of the minelab and after spending an hour digging up a 60kg blacksmith anvil . i realized that i couldnot get the car close enough to get it in the trunk. so for the next hour i dragged up a hill to the road.2 hours of hard work may i should have left there.the weather is still hot even though it is autum.need a drink or 2 or more.

tinpan

Attachments

• anv002.jpg
    anv002.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 306
  • anv003.jpg
    anv003.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Great find tinpan, any idea on its age? casting marks or any thing?. After a 2 hour fight I guess you were to tired to look! LOL

kenb

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
That is a great find...and I would have dragged it home also! Probally would have taken me two days ,but I would have taken it! WTG

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinpan,

That's a great find, wonder why it was buried? Oh, yea they're very heavy, how's your back?

We have several, (we have a blacksmith shop on the property...1800's), one anvil is used in the workshop, the biggest one is on display.

HH ;)
RR

SFHunter

Feb 1, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is pretty cool.... Can imagine you looking at it and saying "Crap, how am I going to get that home???".

After seeing this, note to myself, add good rope to my digging supplies so I can drag big things back to the car.... :D

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess you got your workout for the day. :D Was that thing completely buried? Amazing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread