Farm Field Finds

BuffaloBill

Jul 21, 2010
Southbury CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
My finds from an old farm field. Spent a few hours on the edge of the actually field near where the homestead was as I cannot get in where the foundations are due lots of overgrowth. So far I got 3 wheaties, harness buckle?, shotgun shell, chopped up button, acorn looking thingy, and two VERY worn coppers. One copper I cant make anything out on. The other I can just make out the figure of Lady Britannia. Although very worn the coppers give me hope there is more good stuff there to find.

Attachments

• Finds.jpg
    Finds.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 608
Upvote 0

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Looks like your doing something right. Nice finds. Can you post a closer picture of that acorn looking object. I sure can't figure that one out. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill

Jul 21, 2010
Southbury CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Baldingboy said:
Looks like your doing something right. Nice finds. Can you post a closer picture of that acorn looking object. I sure can't figure that one out. :icon_scratch:

Thanks. I posted close-ups of the acorn thing in the 'What is it' forum. I am curious to know what it is from.

weston

Dec 28, 2009
lima ohio area
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Farm fields are one of the best places to hunt! :headbang: i spend alot of time in them! :laughing7: do your research and it really pays off big!!!

Weston

DixieHunter145

Oct 12, 2008
Hanceville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 w/ YF-1 Invader Probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm agreeing with everyone else, there is gotta be even more goodies where that came from.
Nice Finds :thumbsup:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking finds BuffaloBill! Isn't it amazing what gets brought out into the fields. :icon_thumright:
The acorn thing looks like a child's spinning-top toy.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBill said:
My finds from an old farm field. Spent a few hours on the edge of the actually field near where the homestead was as I cannot get in where the foundations are due lots of overgrowth. So far I got 3 wheaties, harness buckle?, shotgun shell, chopped up button, acorn looking thingy, and two VERY worn coppers. One copper I cant make anything out on. The other I can just make out the figure of Lady Britannia. Although very worn the coppers give me hope there is more good stuff there to find.

On the farms, hired hands for pulling cotton or hoeing took their breaks on the "Turn Roads" in the field where two farms' boundry lines were and where the rows ended near the farm house or buildings. So 10'-15' in from there would be a good zone to find coins.

As a kid growing up on a blackland farm in West Texas, after Dad had plowed and a summer thunder storm came through, I found old pocket watch about 10' in from the end of the rows near the house....No telling how long it had been in the dirt. None of us ever owned a pocket watch, so it had to come from one of those poor souls.... But, I was one happy kid!

Bill

OP
OP
BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill

Jul 21, 2010
Southbury CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Dixiedigger said:
I hope you get to hunt where the foundation is. There's probably a lot of goodies there. What year are the wheats?

The wheaties are 1930, 1941 and 1955. Hopefully this fall, when all the weeds die off, I'll be able to get in around the foundations and see what goodies are hiding there.

billjustbill said:
BuffaloBill said:

On the farms, hired hands for pulling cotton or hoeing took their breaks on the "Turn Roads" in the field where two farms' boundry lines were and where the rows ended near the farm house or buildings. So 10'-15' in from there would be a good zone to find coins.

As a kid growing up on a blackland farm in West Texas, after Dad had plowed and a summer thunder storm came through, I found old pocket watch about 10' in from the end of the rows near the house....No telling how long it had been in the dirt. None of us ever owned a pocket watch, so it had to come from one of those poor souls.... But, I was one happy kid!

Bill

That's good information and very interesting as all this was found within about 10-15' from the edge of the field closest to the structures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread