🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was off work today so I got up early (really early) and went back to the park where I found the SLQ last week. I knew my time was going to be short as it has been extremely hot here in Tennessee. I arrived at the park around 7am and started working my way back to where I was last week. After hunting for a few minutes a city worker walked up to me and asked me if I was the one hunting there last week and I told him I was there last Friday. He told me that he was the grounds keeper for the park and that he watched me last week and checked where I was hunting and saw that I covered my holes and he appreciated that. He said he went back a few days later and he couldn't even tell anybody was there. We talked about detecting for a while then he had to go to work and he again thanked me. I felt pretty good after that. I found a few clad along the sidewalk and then I went a little further into the park. I had a very iffy signal and it turned out to be a silver ring. After hunting about an hour and sweating by rear off two elderly gentlemen were walking nearby and asked if I found any treasure yet. It told them about my finds last week and showed them the ring I just found. I asked if they knew how old the park was and they didn't know but did say that they both graduated from the school that used to be there. One of them told me that there used to be an old scout house in the middle of the park that they tore down in the late 40's. They also told me about where they used to practice football nearby and the city owns the lot now (future hunt). I hunted where they told me the scout house was and there was a lot of trash there. I did manage to find a 41 merc in the very dry soil. The soil under the trees is still moist from the recent rains we had but very dry in the open. I went back in the shade and had a good quarter signal about 7" deep. I about had a heart attack when I saw that green coin come out. I thought I had found a really good find but it turned out to be a 70 quarter. Also found an old lid and some other finds. The ring is marked Sterling with another mark on it and the mercury dime is 1941.

Attachments

• DSC01493.JPG
    DSC01493.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 542
  • DSC01494.JPG
    DSC01494.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 530
  • DSC01492.JPG
    DSC01492.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 531
  • DSC01496.JPG
    DSC01496.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 521
  • DSC01497.JPG
    DSC01497.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC01498.JPG
    DSC01498.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 536
  • DSC01500.JPG
    DSC01500.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 535
  • DSC01499.JPG
    DSC01499.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 517
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Finds and you found out some interesting site history. WTG on filling the holes-that helps our hobby. HH, Quindy.

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some rewarding finds for a hard days digging! awesome! :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"He told me that he was the grounds keeper for the park and that he watched me last week and checked where I was hunting and saw that I covered my holes and he appreciated that. He said he went back a few days later and he couldn't even tell anybody was there"

This is just one of the reason's I am proud to be one of your digging partners Randy.
You give the hobby a good name my friend.
Your a class act.

Mike, Maggie and Samantha

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Congrats on the great finds (and filling holes in the right way)!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Your pics are superb! The dirt shot of the Merc & the ring closeup are great!

That might be an Uncas hallmark on the ring.

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
Great finds Randy, man I wish I couldve made it out, I've got a major itch for silver, hope we can get out soon.
Guy

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tnrelicman said:
Great finds Randy, man I wish I couldve made it out, I've got a major itch for silver, hope we can get out soon.
Guy

Man I wish you could have made it too. Maybe we can find something Sunday and get that itch scratched.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread