Out of Hibernation...maybe!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Well the ground finally thawed down a few inches anyway, and I was able to get back out this weekend for the first time since Thanksgiving, (Except for a quick trip to see my brother in California). Found a real nice sterling lady, an 1859 Indian and a large cent that has spent too much time in wet ground. In the second picture is an item that I can not identify. It is little more than a semi circle with four holes in it. The edge has a rope design trim around it. JD found one which is in his most recent post in the first picture. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Lance

Attachments

• Metal Detecting Finds 2006 007.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 2006 007.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 370
  • Metal Detecting Finds 2006 013.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 2006 013.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Comfy,

nice group of artifacts.

Good to know your out and about.

No idea on the thing with four holes.

Any idea what the "sterling lady" is for?

have a good un...........

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Nice to see you got out lance.That silver is a very nice piece.So are the coins.Can not believe its snowing.What happend to spring.Good luck and H H

The thing with four holes maybe from the bottom of a ski pole

OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Any idea what the "sterling lady" is for?

Thank you Shermanville. I believe that the lady is around 1900 to 1920 and looks like it was attached to a box or maybe a lady's dressing mirror or brush. There are four small holes that would have attached it. Thanks...Lance

Northeast Hunter. I think it is too small only about 1 1/2 inch diameter. Thanks...Lance

Jerxs

Apr 10, 2004
NEPA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great take, The silver pendant is really nice.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Comfy.....That is one nice silver piece....excellent find and nice to see the snow and cold up your way is gone.....But that half piece with the four holes...I wont to say it's a boot plate for a mans boot....similar to the womans plates with the heart,clover, and cross design on the bottom.....earlier thy had the heal plates...later there were the bottom plates.....I will have to look at some of the relics I have.! if I see anything will let you and JD know! WTG

M

mchamby

Well I think you spoke too soon Lance. We have two inches of new snow and it is still snowing steady. The weatherperson says snow or rain all week, and I was just starting to get out and about, damn!!!!!!! :-\
Nice finds, I like the lady!
Mchamby

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see you posting again! Missed you! Awesome finds AND....

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY!~

;)

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Comfy,
Neat finds, I also like the silver! Have no idea about the half round with the holes (maybe part of a bell?).

Hope the weather clears up so you can get out more. Finally got good weather here in TN.

Smartin

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Nice digs Comfy. That 1859 Indian head cent is a neet find as it was the only year with no shield on the reverse. I hope you're out of hibernation and back into the swing of things ...so to speak. You always make such outstanding finds there. HH!

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Lance , Glad to see your on the hunt again. Always looking forward to, as well as envious of the New England posts....Joe

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Lance, when I 1st saw the Silver Lady my 1st impression was that it was possibly attached to the cover of an antique Dance Card. Of course, I could be clear off base. Congrats on the finds BTW. Hope to see ya in the next issue of Best Finds.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lance, it's good to see you back in action. I agree with Seeker, I also believe that is a heel plate. I thought I read a article from you recently in the EW magazine. It was a great story. Tsgman

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lance,

Glad to see you're out of hibernation & in the swing of things again. Awesome finds!

Nana is stating Happy Birthday...so I'm saying the same. Hope you had a good one.

HH :)
RR

Nice Art Nouveau silver woman Lance!
Good to see your back relic hunting again. I just started posting again recently after a few years and I remember back in 2004 you posted alot of early colonial finds. Keep 'em coming! Another week and I'll get my hands muddy again too!
Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread