3 Mercs, a HUGE 1901 Boston Token, Wheats, and some Clad... (Updated)

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Hello ALL!

I got out for 2.5 hours tonight... and had a great time :-) I went back to the spot that yielded me the 1908 Barber Quarter on Saturday... The place was built in 1928 and I figured there had to be a few more goodies there lieing in wait :-)

81210_Totals.jpg

This target was about the 5th one I dug and it was screaming 12/47 loudly... Its HUGE! (Exact Same Size as a Mogan Silver Dollar)

In this picture it looks like 1931... but it says 1901... Its skinny dipping in Mr. Boiling Peroxide as I type... I get a better picture up as soon as its done...

WikiPedia: March 17 is Evacuation Day, a holiday observed in Suffolk County (which includes the city of Boston)[1] and also by the public schools in Cambridge[2] and Somerville, Massachusetts.[3] The holiday commemorates the evacuation of British forces from the city of Boston following the Siege of Boston, early in the American Revolutionary War. Schools and government offices (including some[4] Massachusetts state government offices located in Suffolk County) are closed. If March 17 falls on a weekend, schools and government offices are closed on the following Monday in observance. It is the same day as Saint Patrick's Day, a coincidence that played a role in the establishment of the holiday

81210_1901BostonToken.jpg

81210_1901BostonTokenFront.jpg

The 3 Amigos! 1936, 1939 D, and 1942...

81210_3Mercs.jpg

This compac came up as a 12/47 (quarter) as well... neat...

81210_CompacTop.jpg

81210_CompacFront.jpg

Happy Hunting ALL!
Paul

UPDATED PICTURES:

Hostibus Primo Fugatis — The enemy for the first time put to flight

81210_1901BostonTokenCleaned.jpg

81210_1901BostonTokenFrontCleaned.jpg

It cleaned up pretty good for being a copper...

Upvote 0

Lost Addict

May 25, 2007
Elizabethtown, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with Sun Ray DX-1 probe; Minelab E-Trac & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures. That large copper cleaned up real nice! Looks as though someone tried to punch a hole through that '39 Merc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread