Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking finds Shark27. :icon_thumright: There are a lot of people out there that collect those old brass hose nozzles, they clean up really nice too! :o

Just found this on ebay selling for $10
Vintage SHERMAN DIAMOND - SOLID BRASS - GARDEN HOSE NOZZLE

Attachments

• hose_nozzle.jpg
    hose_nozzle.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 630

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
It's tough finding old coins in San Diego. After all, the town isn't that old. You'd probably have better luck on the beaches. I used to live in Pacific Beach and I'd remember metal detector searchers going out even when it's crowded. I guess they probably find good stuff.

You're probably not too far away but ever try the Salton Sea. I bet there's tons of abandoned houses over there.

OP
OP
Shark27

Shark27

Aug 5, 2010
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50 & Garrett Pro Pointer
It's tough here in San Diego to get silver coins or even wheats...this is what I have heard from some more veteran hunters then me. I've been at it for about a month and I have 7 wheats mostly in the 40's with the exception of the 1919 today and a 34. I envy you midwest guys when I see the great hunts you post with silver coins and the usual handfull of annoying wheats that are just tossed in with the rest of the clad. I have to admit this doesn't discourage me, it actually motivates me to find some spots here in town that yield the good stuff. As for the brass hose nozzle, it actually still opens and closes rather well and I'm wondering should I leave it alone with all the old patina on it or clean it up? Any thoughts...

Shark27

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Well, San Diego isn't that old of a town.. so I doubt you'd find seated halves... but the jewerly should be no problem for you at all those beaches. Mid-westerners don't have that. If you want wheat pennies in better shape, you might as well do CRH.

Again, try the Salton Sea area.. that's the only area I can think of that would have a ton of abandoned lots to search through.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions