First Find Post! Old House site

Mantis212

Aug 19, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter "Lone Star"
Hey Everyone, first Find post!!! I have been interested in MD'in and just general relic hunting for some time, and living in Texas, the history is still deep and still alive and intact (for the most part) so it keeps you interested. Anyway I don't have my metal detector yet but a month ago my in-laws purchased a piece of property behind their current place. My brother in-law and I went back there a couple of years ago on a scout for a hunt later that year he was making and I recalled seeing some trash and things littered about, not that exciting but somehow it was something i had wanted to go back and check out. When I found out they bought the place i decided yesterday to go with him over there and check it out. I am pretty sure there was a house back there at one time based on the finds. Bottles, household items like cans and tins, small metal objects, old bricks, etc. Some of them were as deep as 6-8 inches, and we kept finding them until we ran out of time. It is wooded heavily now and we only got an hour or so of looking done but we found about fifteen bottles (in good condition), the newest based on my research was manufactured as late as 1953. Nothing newer, so i am hoping to get out there and scope the area more and find whatever other items were left behind. Sometime early this next month i am getting my MD, and then i will really comb the place looking for whatever (older silver coins! :D)

On the pepsi-cola bottle, does anyone have an idea on the date or type of bottle. I know that most after 1953 (or something like that) were either colored labels and said Pepsi or were all paper so i assume it is at least a little older. Online doesn't have alot of resources.

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 644
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    323.3 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Don't really know on the bottles, but there are some people on here that will have an answer for you. Welcome to the site and keep us posted on your finds. Looks like it is going to be a great place for you to get started!!!

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the site. Congrats on the bottle finds...

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
cool finds. The Pepsi bottle dates 1960's they may have had them in the '50's but I'm not sure

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
vayank54 said:
cool finds. The Pepsi bottle dates 1960's they may have had them in the '50's but I'm not sure

That's exactly when this bottle dates; mid-to-late 60's.
Cool bottle finds . . . welcome to Tnet! :hello:

canadiandigger

Jul 5, 2012
woodstock ontario
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter/whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that pepsi bottle is from the 1970s i have 2 of them and thats all i care to keep to new of bottles for my liking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread