7 Wheats, 2 Silvers, A piece of Flint. And a bunch of relics.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone, Been getting more time in to hunt now with the evenings staying light out till 8 or so.

Went out the last 2 evenings for about 3 hrs total of hunting. First night I headed back to the old hillside above the ball field and pulled a 61 rooselvelt on the first hole.

I picked up 3 wheats and called it quits.

Last night me and my friend went out to a old ball field for a hr but got run off from kids playing soccer. I found one wheat there and my friend got a 51 canadian penny.

We barely hunted the place and looks like it could hold more.

We headed back to a old hillside above a old ballfield. I found a decent 37 washington and 3 more wheats. I also found a nice piece of chipped flint. It's grey sharp and smooth. You can see where it was busted to.

My friend got a token for 15 cents in merchandise. We had a good time and it was nice to get out.

Thanks for looking

HH Jer

Attachments

• 7 wheats 2 silvers and a peice of flint.jpg
    7 wheats 2 silvers and a peice of flint.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 360
  • 7 wheats 2 silvers relics.jpg
    7 wheats 2 silvers relics.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Though it has wear, it really is a nice looking quarter. I like all the silver quarters I find. Silver is always decent. Good finds. As I read your post, I started thinking about a ballfield I usually visit, and it too has a hill above it. I haven't yet searched there, so I better get back there. This ballfield has been good to me, so might the hill also. Thanks for the tip.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks alot for all the replies.

The quarter looked alot worse. I shinned it up with a special cleaning method I like to use on silver.

Not rare one's but common and worn down pieces.

You have to expand your mind nowadays to find stuff. There's alot of nooks out there that they missed.

If a field has stuff that is old you can almost bet the surrounding area's do to. Kids loved to hang out in them.

Also people were always looking for that better seat to watch the game. You'd be surprized at what you may find in spots that don't look so obvious.

HH Jeremy

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Nice bunch of finds. Congrats on the silver! It's really great that daylight savings time is here again.It gives a person more of an opportunity to get out and enjoy this hobby and the great spring weather.The ground moisture is a plus also to help find those deeper targets.You're so right about getting off the beaten path and finding the not so obvious areas to hunt. Keep up the good work. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread