My first Musket ball!

Mineo26

Apr 15, 2010
New Jersey
Been wanting to find one for the longest time and my research and locations paid off! Everything was found in a revolutionary war location and have no idea what the rest of the stuff is. The bar is pretty heavy and im thinking it was used to make musket balls? The other piece looks like its from a light fixture or maybe a weapon?

Attachments

• 2010-09-06_21-05-35_562.jpg
    2010-09-06_21-05-35_562.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me be the first to Congratulate you on your first musketball bud! :hello2: Did you wire brush it? It looks kinda shiny :icon_thumleft:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first musketball! I still ogle my first and only Battle of the Sinkhole pistol ball.

Now put that Dremel away! We don't ever want to see that word here again when referencing your found relics!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found many musketballs in NJ and you want to leave the patina on them. One of the ways you can tell how old it is...lots of reenactments going on in NJ so there are quite a few modern day reproductions that turn up on hunts. Especially in parks that have had History Fairs or the such.

Congrats

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread