A Pile of 18th and Early 19th Century Buttons

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
KKC (KirkKyleChris) went back to the Colonial site from last Sunday. We dug six early coins and 30 buttons there last weekend. Here is a picture of the vanished dwelling site.

Resized.jpg

I dug a few 18th century buttons and two musketballs there yesterday. The quarter-sized tombac button was 0.5 inches deep and sounded like a crushed can.

Day 2 at Colonial Site 011.JPG

Day 2 at Colonial Site 012.JPG

Day 2 at Colonial Site 013.JPG

Right before we left, a tractor, pulling a cart with some people in it, drove by. It said, on the back of the cart, "Just Married." The farmer beeped the tractor's horn and waved. We wondered if that was the owner Mr. Farmer; we found out 20 minutes later, on the ride home, that it wasn't. It was a farmer who owns an adjacent property with a known Colonial dwelling in his field. Needless to say, we will be knocking on his door in a month or so! The future is looking bright for the team!

We will rack and stack a new site for next Sunday!

Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A pile of tombacs and other early buttons is a day worth mentioning. :headbang: :notworthy: The site picture just adds to the Colonial essence. :icon_thumleft: What a site, bro! :notworthy:

Kirk :hello:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet!
Now that's exactly what I look for here. A slight rise in the landscape in certain fields.
Great finds fellas, as usual! :hello2:
I can't wait to see what you will find this year.

Mike

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Yawsome Kyle. That's a great pic of the site. We will probably get permission at the next farmers land for sure. He will remember us from yesterday hunting a fellow farmers field. He probably already talked to him and got confirmation that we did have permission and that we were very cordial fellows. A literal Shoe-in my boy. That was great timing when he drove the wedding party tractor and tooted his horn. Everyone was happy and waving.
Chris

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COuldn't ask for better timing....Next farms prolly the motherload.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good day Kyle. Like I told Kirk, you guys will have another fine relic harvest after the spring plowing!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the open metalwork on that button! Top notch, I tell ya. Top notch. :thumbsup:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful PA site right there! :icon_thumright: Even without finding anything it looks like a great place to relax with the electronic stick..... ;D

But you sure found some nice relics, Kyle! Any multi button day is a good one. :notworthy: :hello2:

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I love diggin' buttons :icon_thumleft: Looks like a good day to me. If there are that many buttons, there has to be more copper and colonial relics left to be found.

VPR

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
I love diggings buttons myself...I dont find that many tho...I dig alot of targets but not buttons :dontknow:

Nice finds there Kyle :icon_thumleft:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The open frameworked button is a pretty one :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's exactly the age and type of side we walk field after field to find. :thumbsup: We usually don't hit anything big, but like you guys there's always lots of keepers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread