ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting looking token

Out of interest, you mention returning for the low tones, this seems a common trait in many US posts, is it because there is too much trash to deal with? Just want to cherry pick the silver? Or what?

OP
OP
up north

up north

Jun 3, 2009
The Frozen Tundra
Detector(s) used
Whites's PRIZM V
Heathkit GP-45 Metal Locator
Garrett Ace 150
Pacific Northwest Insturments BH2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader,
some suburban sites have too much trash too dig every signal, but a productive site will keep me coming back again and again. With careful discrimination, it is possible to get some of those 'ify' signals to pay off. This token is white metal so it probably wouldn't show up too high on a detector with a numerical scale either. Thank you for looking.

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question crusader. Here's the answer...

There are two types of hunts, a "dig it all" hunt & a "cherry pick" hunt which you mentioned. Most detectorists will dig every signal if the site looks promising (old, battle activity, etc.). However, if the site doesn't look promising (newer, very trashy, etc.) or if we're short on time, we might opt to pick and choose the signals we go after. Generally speaking, the lower tones are where most of the junk is (bottlecaps, pop-tops, can slaw, etc.). Unfortunately, gold also falls into this lower range. But, some of us choose NOT to dig through all of the junk to MAYBE find gold. So, we will cherry pick the higher signals where all of the coins are.

I do this quite often. Again though, if the sites looks even half-way promising, I'm digging most if not all signals. Sounds like the poster passed over the low tones on previous hunts or wasn't digging iffy signals and then went back to go after the low tone signals :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
up north said:
Crusader,
some suburban sites have too much trash too dig every signal, but a productive site will keep me coming back again and again. With careful discrimination, it is possible to get some of those 'ify' signals to pay off. This token is white metal so it probably wouldn't show up too high on a detector with a numerical scale either. Thank you for looking.

Good point, I like iffy signals. Change my approach depending on site & conditions but never bother with them stupid displays :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread