291.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,552
Upvote 0

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Goodies found this past weekend!!!! @@@@@LOOOK@@@@@@

Mike, you crack me up! But you're right! I saw the barrel but not the lever!

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250

Job well done! Very nice! Love the bayonet!

OP
OP
wilmingtonbottleboys
Sep 3, 2008
Wilmington, NC

ok guys...this is how it happened. it was a sat. morning and i got up early to go do some relic hunting. i have been to this old confederated camp site in downtown wilmington a few times before. my brother and i have dug some nice bottles out of this site and a few civil war items. but this sat was an extreme exception. the site was started back a few years ago and one phase was completed but construction stopped due to the economy. the second phase is where i found these items. this phase was built on top of a small hill and from what the old-timers tell me, this is where the camp was located. i guess they were right!! i have never found this much stuff in one outting. i am a bottle collector not an experienced relic hunter so to find this is like a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. i am so excited!!! wow, how lucky can i be??

lidigger

Sep 4, 2010
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Prizm IV, White's Bullseye II Pointer (x2)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful finds! I used to spend a lot of time in Wilmington - (used to work on Dawson's Creek at the studios), but that was before I started metal detecting. There's so much history in the South since the civil war was fought there and I hate to think that I waited until I moved back up North to go MD'ing. I'll try not to think about it. Congrats and what a day!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wilmingtonbottleboys said:
ok guys...this is how it happened. it was a sat. morning and i got up early to go do some relic hunting. i have been to this old confederated camp site in downtown wilmington a few times before. my brother and i have dug some nice bottles out of this site and a few civil war items. but this sat was an extreme exception. the site was started back a few years ago and one phase was completed but construction stopped due to the economy. the second phase is where i found these items. this phase was built on top of a small hill and from what the old-timers tell me, this is where the camp was located. i guess they were right!! i have never found this much stuff in one outting. i am a bottle collector not an experienced relic hunter so to find this is like a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. i am so excited!!! wow, how lucky can i be??

You say you are mainly a bottle digger... Do you know what the relics are that you posted? We are more than happy to identify anything for you that you are wondering what it is.

That said, these are some terrific finds. The brown umbrella ink would've made my Year. And the bayonet, gun pieces, coins and other relics are stellar.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
i cant beleive that fork still has wood in the handle! man i would get back to that site. civil war stuff isnt my speciality probley because of my location but i bet theres some nice cartrige plates or what not there. i dont know if you collect or sell but theres probley room for both there. willy

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow i think you found a little of every CW relic hunters dream finds :notworthy: not often all that great stuff comes out of the ground in 1 day that fork handle looks to be animal bone not wood .Fantastic finds everything, the entire post should make Banner !!! :thumbsup: Jim

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
Um, take a picture of this!

And let me see ok?
I told ya Mike things happen in 3,s one more find :laughing7: jim

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking finds man! :notworthy: Don't sweat the BANNER thing, the more time you spend on this incredible site the clearer things will get.

The people here get as excited about your finds as they do about there own and you'll not find a more knowledgeable crowd anywhere on the internet! :icon_thumright:

I like this piece, look like clock parts to me? :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• 289.JPG
    289.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,109

jimbob450

Feb 26, 2008
spokane,wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic I.D.
Great Finds. And all in 1 outing My Banner vote is in, now go over the whole
area some more and find another bayonet. Jimbob

oldgold

Oct 16, 2003
Arkansas-USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500/ACE 250-Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner!! Those are sweet finds.

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not much of a relic hunter but having been on this site for 3years. I sure can appreciate those that are posted here and those who post them. I voted Banner. These are very special finds. Keep hunting and reading this site and you will not be a newbee for long and you will understand the terminology and appreciate the people on this site. There are some really knowledgeable persons here that are willing to help you if you just ask. HHHH

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Great finds man

HH Jer

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a great assortment of finds. That is some relic hunting dream finds. Congrats. Banner find.

oldmaps

Aug 11, 2010
al , ms , fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari , ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That blue and white staffordshire cup is great its a shame its broken, It's from the 1820's to 1830"s. If you can find the other piece it would be worth having it repaired.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread