My first half cent, and more ..an awesome day hunting!

dirtdigginpa

Sep 24, 2010
myerstown, PA
Detector(s) used
BH tracker 4, quick draw, whites coin pro, fisher F70,
So I went out detecting with a buddy of mine firefighter35 we went to a private house that he had got us permission for. the house dates back to the 1700s. firefighter35 went out toward the front of the place and immidiately started pulling out indian pennies and wheat pennies and silver using his explorer. I came out front and joined him i only found 1 wheat penny, and 1 very nice 1902 indian penny. we hunted some more and decided to try to get ourselves into a different property. after driving there and noone home to answer the door we decided to go back to the house where we had lots of luck already. firefighter35 found more silver and more indians. we were getting ready to leave and i was still sweeping my coil when I got a faint signal with my whites coinpro. dug down about 6 inches and pulled out a 1803 draped bust half cent!! after that we connntinues hunting that area without finding much special. I am going to try an post pics but i am a new member and havent had any post prior to this! all i can say is just wait to see firefighter35 post .Lets just say it was an excellent day diggindirt! thank you firefighter35 for hunting with me!

Attachments

• pics with 1803 half cent 014.JPG
    pics with 1803 half cent 014.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 821
  • pics with 1803 half cent 013.JPG
    pics with 1803 half cent 013.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 812
Upvote 0

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang those are nice!

Looks like another trip back to that yard is in order.

What more can you ask for?

Those are two coins that I have never dug.

Bob

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. I wish my soil was that kind on coins. Very nice coins you have there. Congrats. :hello2: :thumbsup:

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x Minelab Explorer II Modified Bounty Hunter Garrett Ace 250(10x14 excelerator coil)
way to go bro!!! :headbang: not a bad day for either of us. Im goin back tomorrow, hehehe Lets do some coin roll hunting today, lol

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice find :icon_thumleft: and good condition for a copper that age the detail is great :headbang: the soil was kind to that Jim

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Welcome and Congrats on two very nice finds ! :icon_thumright:

TommNJ

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
If i am reading correctly on how to grade the 1803 half cent... It appears to be Vg-8 with Fine details... it is actually fine but with being dug you have to drop a grade....

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love digging those early half cents. I have 2 Draped Bust half cents this year and they both came from the same site. Pennsylvania is loaded with them, so keep on digging. :icon_thumleft:

Kirk

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds-

Best of luck- onwards and upwards-

Rory

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first post, welcome to TNET! You live in a terrific part of the country for finding the oldies. Now that the east coast has received a good soaking rain, you may want to return to the site and see what you might have missed. The damp soil always gives me extra depth. Keep posting those goodies!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread