Plowed Under - day 2 of 2

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello again...

Here's my finds from day 2 (last day) at my hot site that was about to disappear dew to construction. For the whole story, see my other thread titled, "Plowed Under - Day 1 of 2".

So I came back Sunday afternoon for another search, to cover the rest of the property. Again, I searched for about two hours or so. Things were slower on the back side of this strip of land. I guess the haunted house attraction (built with hay bails) was mostly on the front portion of the land towards the road. But I kept going back and forth until I reached the end of the property finding just newer clad coins. I did find a Canadian looney $1 coin which made my heart jump when it came out of the ground bright gold color from a depth of about 5 inches. I thought it was a gold coin but discovered when I got home and looked at it that it wasn't. I was the looney.

Then I noticed a trail leading off the back west side of the property. It was a path through a small woods, about 25 feet long that ended at the border of the construction site (bordered with the 3 ft tall tarp bordering staked in place). Beyond that was the beginning of the new neighborhood that was built in the last year. As I started to detect the path, I was finding coins everywhere. This was a real "hot spot". In about a 45 minute period, I searched over the path twice and pulled out over 50 coins (all recent) but also some nice jewelry finds. About 5 feet in, a 10kt white gold ladies ring with a huge yellow stone, a citrine I think, about 3 inched down. In the pouch it went, back to searching. Then a silver ring with a pearl was laying right on top. Anyone could have found it. I also found a sterling heart pendant. Also a couple silver plated hoop earrings (not pictured). There was a dip in the path going between two trees, my detector went wild, with many signals. Bleeping beepin'. Just below the surface I started pulling out charms from a charm bracelet or necklace (? never found the chain). 17 pieces total all pictured below. I also found a high end Nextel cell phone right on top under the construction tarp. I am not sure if it has been ruined by the rain or not and am trying to catch the construction guys at to site to see if it is one of there?s to return it. Needless to say, it was a very exciting hour. I ended up with $5.68 in clad and all the great jewelry pictured below.

Sadly, the path ended at the tarp and beyond that is a freshly sodded area around a 50 x 20 foot pond and the entrance road to the new sub. I can only wonder what treasures got plowed under during that construction but I didn't search in the newly sodded area. I am happy with the finds I did get and as I mentioned in my first post, this site is now completely gone and not available to hunt as they have trucked off all the topsoil and are laying the sewer and electric cables etc.

Glad I could share this. I don't get out detecting a lot, so this was certainly a real treat for me.

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Day 2 of 2.JPG
    Day 2 of 2.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say you got a good spot.Congrats!!

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
BOOBY, Nice Finds, Congrats. It Kills Me To See The Way The Developers Are Building On Top Of CW Sites Here In Charleston S.C. I Know Of An Unmarked Mass Grave With About 900 Union Soldiers In It, That I Check On A Couple Times A Week, If They Ever Get Near It, I Plan To Contact The Army. I Bet That Will Bring Things To A Halt For A while. Just Venting. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 072.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 072.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 384
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 072.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 072.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 344

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Scooby! Looks like you hit the jack pot!!

Congrats on those finds!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks for all the reads and replies.
Wish there were more days like this...lol.
Sorry for the crap pictures,
I'll work on that.

Smiles!
BDoo

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a really nice hunt, dooby. I bet you were surprised by all the nice jewelry. :)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks a lot,
I was certainly blessed these days,
we all wish for more days like this...lol

Smiles!
BDoo

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bdoo,

WTG!!! Excellent finds. Love those rings & charms.

HH ;)
River

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks RR!
Crappy pics
great finds...lol.

Wish you luck on your searches!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks Smartin! You too my friend.

I have friends (co workers) down your way,
beautiful country for sure. Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks Meandog and Ice

I am happy for the opportunity that was presented.

I do wonder what else would have been there if that path,
lets say, went on for 100 or 150 feet. And I have now heard that the little pond was a gathering place for picnics and nightime parties. Oh well, I don't dare dig up the freshly sodded private property that it is now.

More research and looking for the next potential hot spot.

smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions