first gold coin

swish

Feb 28, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
whites m6 and mxt pro
Hi all
I went down my block today looking between the the road and the sidewalk. Old photo's show a dirt street with horses tied to hitching posts.I hoped someone back then had dropped a silver coin, I didn't find any silver but i did get this sweet 1915 $5 gold coin. I got a penny reading on the m6 and dug a 1898 indian. when i rescaned the hole i got a reading in the bottle cap territory, what the heck i was already there so i dug it, and out popped the gold. i think everyone on the block has seen it now and they told me i could hunt there yards as well. so all in all a perfect day. also got 9q-7d-13 pennies and 2 wheats. it took about 30 years but now i have mine.

Thanks all for the banner vote. never thought i'd be there

Attachments

• img103.jpg
    img103.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 5,731
  • img104 (340 x 600).jpg
    img104 (340 x 600).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 5,744
  • img101.jpg
    img101.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 5,722
Upvote 1

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow!! :thumbsup:.....Way to go! :headbang:

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I smell a new way of working this hobby......
Keep a nice coin or something with you when you hunt a public place, and when someone asks...
show them the nice thingy and get invited to hunt their yards...
and double or triple your pleasure :tongue3:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May well be the most beautiful coin ever minted... Congrats :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
RGINN said:
Oh I just saw this so didn't get to vote, but you have my vote. Congratulations. Even though it's snowin right on down right now, I plan to head over towards Leadville tomorrow, before the ground gets frozen. (Banner finds always set me off on expeditions)
I'm with Colorado 14ers, Let us know what you find in Leadville (brrrrr) it's cold up there

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! :notworthy:
They sure don't mint them like they used to.

faderdave

Oct 5, 2009
swish said:
Hi all
I went down my block today looking between the the road and the sidewalk. Old photo's show a dirt street with horses tied to hitching posts.I hoped someone back then had dropped a silver coin, I didn't find any silver but i did get this sweet 1915 $5 gold coin. I got a penny reading on the m6 and dug a 1898 indian. when i rescaned the hole i got a reading in the bottle cap territory, what the heck i was already there so i dug it, and out popped the gold. i think everyone on the block has seen it now and they told me i could hunt there yards as well. so all in all a perfect day. also got 9q-7d-13 pennies and 2 wheats. it took about 30 years but now i have mine.

Thanks all for the banner vote. never thought i'd be there

faderdave

Oct 5, 2009
I think you are the third person this summer that found a gold coin when you were hunting just off the sidewalk. :icon_thumright:WTG...i gotta start hunting the edges of sidewalks :hello2: :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread