The Stud, and the Fallen Star

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
The Stud, and the Fallen Star

Hello everyone. After being chastised about my last post being too full of irrelevant personal information I’ll try to be more... well... brief. Yeah right! Me? Brief? Anyway, I’ll try. In my last post I told everyone about my Blood Pressure worries, and I’ve still been dealing with that, but after seeing my doctor yesterday and getting my meds tweaked and or changed I’m doing MUCH BETTER NOW! Well enough this morning to decide to go metal detecting in fact. There... brief enough? <giggle>
Yeah, this morning was supposed to be wet locally according to the weather genies on the TV. But it wasn’t. After taking meds, checking pressures and sugar, and after having a banana for breakfast, I kissed my darling wife goodbye and headed off to hunt some parks in a nearby town. I figured if I got there early enough I wouldn’t be bothered by any woodchipmonks (children). Well I made it, for the first two of four parks. I still managed to pick up a small train of curious onlookers at the last two parks, but they were polite enough to peek and watch from a moderate distance rather than at my heels.
The first park had me thinking that the day was going to be a winner for sure. I hadn’t gone two steps from my parking space when I got my first signal, when I dug it up it was a Susan B Anthony Dollar. Cool. Little did I know that I wasn’t going to find much else at that park, other than the usual pull tabs and trash metal, and a few coins, pennies mostly. So, on to park number two. This park was a bit bigger than the first but the finds were just about on par with the first only there were LOTS MORE PENNIES. I did find a little bit of bling at this second park though, and my only foreign coin for the day, a single Canadian cent. The bling was a little ear “stud”, glass or paste stone, can’t tell and it’s not even silver. Oh well... can’t have it all I guess.

Stud.JPG

Stud 2.JPG

On to Park number three... after a bathroom stop... ah water pills. Back in the woodchips, briefly, because this park was a bit smaller, but it did have a couple of dinky soccer pitches laid out for the little kiddies games. There were a few coins in the woodchips around the playground equipment and there was another bit of bling. One tiny earring... but it was (is) SILVER! Cool!

Silver.JPG

That was a nice little find for the day, but things really picked up when I worked my way up the hill to the soccer pitches and the shade trees around them. Dig, Plink, dig, plink, dig, plink, dig, plink Quarters! Nickels! And Dimes! All of them in the dirt, most about an inch down under the grass roots. Oh there were pennies too of course, and the occasional trash metal bits including one BIG piece of scrap tin or whatever. Kept reading on my detector as a quarter/fifty cent piece. Oh bother!

Junk.JPG

Buttons and snaps aren’t unusual to find in the woodchips, but this one I found today is heavier than most I find at playgrounds. It’s probably off of a coat or something but it would appear to be only half of the button or snap, it’s still neat though I thought.

Button.JPG

Lunch Break! (bathroom break actually) After a small fast food salad at that little redheaded girls burger joint I moved on to the last park of the day. It’s a BIG park, with multiple soccer fields, tee ball, baseball and softball fields, a HUGE tot lot that was swarming with WoodchipMunks... and I passed it by. The baseball fields or rather their surroundings were plenty enough for me today thank you. I found coin after coin after coin, along with the usual scrap and junk of course, can’t avoid that entirely now can we? I did find some stuff with the old eyeballs too though brownie points and toys and “stuff”...

Eyeball.JPG

And surprise surprise! Another Dollar coin! This one a bright shiny new Presidential Dollar (James Buchanan). Yeah old Jimmy boy was rolled up nice and cozy next to the brand new sidewalk paving at one of the baseball fields near the concession stand... between the grass and the concrete. I wonder how many other coins get missed because they are in such close proximity to the rebar in the concrete? Two Dollar coins in one day... not bad...

Bucks.JPG

But the topper for the day was about to be discovered. On my way back to my truck to call it a day I got a target signal... another quarter. Cool. Only it wasn’t a quarter it was this shiny little star ! a Fallen star... fallen from some women's or some little girl's (most likely) finger no doubt.

Star 1.JPG

Star 2.JPG

Cool... only it’s not silver *sigh* That’s ok though. I smiled the whole drive home. I smiled even more when I sorted out my finds and added up all the coins.

Clad.JPG

WooHoo! Another FINE addition to the vacation fund... and vacation is only a couple of weeks away. Yeah Baby! And so ends another adventure in metal detecting as experienced by Your’s Truly. I guess I’ll never get a job writing for Reader’s Digest... I’m too long winded. Oh well. <grin> I hope you all get out and have some fun too... be it abbreviated or at normal length. As always...

~HAPPY HUNTING~
Frodov

Upvote 0

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frodov, as always, I'm totally amazed at your stamina.
The first park would have been it for me. :laughing7: :laughing7:

As for; "I guess I’ll never get a job writing for Reader’s Digest... I’m too long winded".
Don't worry about it. According to the latest predictions, Reader's Digest will possibly
be out of business by the end of the year. :(

EagleDown

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For someone with health issues, you seem to be getting along quite well! You day's haul required getting down, digging and getting back up about 150 times! I think you are in better shape than you think, or, you WILL be with all this exercise!

Nice take!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoy your posts!!!! Just do what you do and Have fun doing It!!! Maybe i will Have you wright for My Posts!!!!!! HH and keep it up Chug!!!!!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
You the MAN, Frodov! Keep on finding and posting!

I admit I was kind of looking forward to seeing that meteorite, though ("Fallen Star"). Just as happy to see the ring, though.

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Roland58 said:
For someone with health issues, you seem to be getting along quite well! You day's haul required getting down, digging and getting back up about 150 times! I think you are in better shape than you think, or, you WILL be with all this exercise!

Nice take!

150 times??? more like 4 or 5 hundred time I'm sure ! Or at least it feels like it. Every coin is a trip down and up, so are every other target as well. Some of the eyeball finds are just stooping over and picking them up though. No matter the number though, done with care and slowly, it's good exercise. Best exercise I can imagine... well... perhaps the Second best... <blushing> But at least this one PAYS me to exercise! <grin>

~HAPPY HUNTING~
Frodov

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your posts are most welcome! They are light hearted and interesting. Not to mention the addition to your vacation fund. Best wishes and HHHH.

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
augusthog said:
I love heavy pockets at the end of a days hunt. Nice $ coins!

Yeah... I love this hobby! It's the only hobby I've ever had that pays for itself and then some!

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Happy Harry said:
Your posts are most welcome! They are light hearted and interesting. Not to mention the addition to your vacation fund. Best wishes and HHHH.

Okay... So I'm goofy... <laughing> This is my hobby, this is the hobby that ALL of us have chosen to pursue, even if it's not your only hobby. Hobbies are meant to be fun, relaxing, and enjoyable... right? I'm afraid that there are few type A' personalities out there who are driven so much that they don't see the joy so much as the accomplishments. I guess that's alright if it makes them happy. Me on the other hand... I'm going to be goofy! <plbtttttt!> <laughing>

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Wldbil said:
As always a great story and haul!!! Congrats

But was I "GOOFY" enough? <grin> Thanks Bill!

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread