First full day out with the Spectra V3 (16 Quarters in one hole)

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a pretty good day with the V3, I took it out for my lunch break a couple times this week and found a few clad coins, nothing worth mentioning. Went today to the local park with the expectations of it being hunted out. Apparently nobody has been there in a while. My total for the day is $23.01 in clad.......65 quarters, 49 dimes, 20 nickles, 86 pennies, 1 wheat cent, 1 button, 1 spoon and a pair of glasses missing the lenses. One hole registered 89 on the VDI and I dug it expecting a pop can, i hit a wad of quarters that got me excited. 16 all bunched together in the hole 4 inches deep. there was remnants of a plastic baggy so I know they were bagged together. i have nearly worn a blister on my digging hand from all the digging today but I loved it.

I trashed many pull tabs and pieces of scrap aluminum cans. I didn't realize I had dug so many holes today until I started counting up all my coins. It flies by when you are having fun. I hope everybody else had as much fun today as I did.

Attachments

• 16oct10AP.JPG
    16oct10AP.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 450
Upvote 0

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
once you have learned the V3 you can't go back to a single frequency detector... makes you feel like its missing stuff.

I did the same a week ago....thought I was going to have a blistered hand but I got lucky... but i didn't care I kept digging... sounds like you got "it" as bad as I do!

Great hunt!

Chukers

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: Good work there little brother. :headbang:

Indiana Digger

Oct 13, 2010
E.C. Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My record on a single hole is 25...modern pennies.

16 Quarters....awesome!

Great finds! Congrats! :icon_thumright:

~Indiana Digger~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread