Old cabin site finds!

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
Buddy of mine and I went and searched an old cabin site. The cabin no longer stands but you can still find shards of glass and bits of dishes on the ground. Which is now planted with pines. We were not in sight more than 5 minutes when my friend of mine got a good tone on his Garrett GTI 2500. He digs and pops out from about 8 inches a nice Civil War one piece "I" button. Not a blemish on it good color and completely intact. Not to be out did I cranked up the ole Whites Spectrum XLT....with the 5.3 inch coil. Moments later I have a good tone reading penny/dime at 6 inches. I dig it and POP out come a 1888 Indian Head Penny. Well we hunted and the Detector gods...felt they gave us all for the day. But wow what some finds. I am cleaning the penny and my friend is doing some photos of the button, so Ill share those soon.

Saber

Upvote 0

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you have a good site there. I would like to see both the button and coin.
WTG!

S

southbound

Congrats on the great finds! Looking forward to the pics.
Vern

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread