Great Coin day!! 1773 Reale for me & a double pocket spill for Monkey Boy III

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Great Coin day!! 1773 Reale for me & a double pocket spill for Monkey Boy III

..got home from work and my youngest, 9 years old, says "can we go digging when I finish my homework???" Soo.. 15 minutes later we are loading up the Digger Jeep and off we go... we hunted a great site earlier in the year, where I dug the 2nd Corp Badge and 6 large Cents... and he found a nice early lock. So we headed there. We set up all the gear, his first time using headphones.. and off we went. I had found some 1900s coins under a group of trees along w/ a cap gun and then left it alone so I could head him into that area.. we were both hunting, I was 25 feet away, close to where two of the large cents came out.. Bam! Great high signal.. small footprint when pinpointing.. so I started digging, I looked over and he was kicking away leaves and working a spot.. and looked at me "Dad! I need help!! " I finished popping the dirt out of my hole.. hit it again.. and it was in the loose dirt.. pull it up thought Dime... then Nope!! Reale!! ;-) I tucked it away and went over to help him.. his problem was there were multiple signals and it was making his 250 go nuts. I had the DD on the V3i and pinpointed one pretty fast... he popped out the GB One Penny 1905 from about 2" and was bouncing!!! So I made him use is 250 and go really slow and then helped him pinpoint.. he dug a Merc and then a Washington Quarter all in about a 6" circle.. beaming now.. I explain to him how to start circling out and he starts.. so I head back over and start doing the same were I dug the Reale... thinking hmm.. maybe there are 3 coins here too! but nope! I'm working out parallel to th eroad and get another good signal and pop out a .54 Sharps when, right on queue "Dad!! I need help!" I go back over.. and 4 feet or so form where he just dug the others... he has the same thing!!! Multiple signals.. I pinpoint two this time and he grabs my pinpointer and starts digging... at 3" or so he pops out a 1890s Indian Head!! Looks up at me and says "I'm digging my other coin now" and he was right!! The other one was a 1885 Indian Head!! His best coin day by far!!! I hit the other area I was hunting and managed 2 more bullets but by now the sun is going down and I got the "I'm coldd!! can we goo?" So.. had to bail. I think we will be back out there after tomorrows rain!

One of the best one hour hunts I have ever had!! and I have a confirmed new digging buddy!! He wants to start using my DFX, seems he feels he has surpassed the Ace 250!!

HH

MonkeyBoy Sr & MonkeyBoy III

Attachments

• DSC_0054.JPG
    DSC_0054.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,003
  • DSC_0055.JPG
    DSC_0055.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 996
  • DSC_0057.JPG
    DSC_0057.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 995
  • IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 992
  • IMAG0047 (2).jpg
    IMAG0047 (2).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 987
Upvote 0

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Great Coin day!! 1773 Reale for me & a double pocket spill for Monkey Boy III

WTG guys! Break them young 'uns in right!

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Great Coin day!! 1773 Reale for me & a double pocket spill for Monkey Boy III

Good recoveries and story. Sounds like you guys had a good time.

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro

Now THATS some class A bonding! Way to go you 2. :headbang:

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006

Great finds and better story! :thumbsup:

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It was a good day for you two,nice finds :thumbsup:
HH Soup

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that is pricelss! what a great looking boy you have there!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Very cool story Mark! :icon_thumright:
Now that's how to get your kids addicted to this hobby! :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What a great hunt for both of you, one to remember for a longtime. :icon_thumright:

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

nice coins! Sometimes the short hunts are the best ones it seems.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

9 years old and he gets a multiple IH day? No wonder he is hooked! :icon_thumright:

Love hearing the Monkeyboy Jr and MonkeyboyIII stories! Can't wait to hear the next one! :notworthy:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sweet day of hunting!!!!! MR TUFF

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030

thats awesome, a couple great coins and a priceless day detecting with dad, those will be times always remembered :headbang:

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Precious!

jcooking

Feb 28, 2010
Montana
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett AT Gold

Wow great finds and a great hour spent with your boy! :thumbsup:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

WTG for you both!!!! Christmas is coming up fast!!! HH Chug and red looks like you were both having a great time from the smile on his face!!!!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MB, that is terrific, in many ways! Congrats to you both. You have a very handsome young man there....good thing he didn't get the 'monkey genes'....... ;D May you both have many great hunts together! At least, you know what to get him for Christmas!!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

The 1773 real is actually a 1/2 real. Had it been a 1 real, it would appear as "IR" versus the plain "R".
Great pics of your son. Have you considered putting one of those happy face pics up as your avatar?
Don.....
PS: .9027 fine silver in either case; great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread