SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out for a rare 2 hours before the sun went down today to a spot I've been hitting that dates way back. Found the small cuff button first and meandered over to a pot I know older coins have been found. Dug down about 2 inches anticipating another piece of can and saw a coin shaped disc in the clod. Nahhh I said. Picked it up and saw the harp and knew right away what it was. I think its 1740. Awesome I thought and went to the woods to take a leak. On my way over I got another decent signal and dug about 5 inches and saw another disc! I can read RTY on it and I know its a large cent but its pretty toast. Pssibly a 17 seen on the bottom. Found in a low area where water collects. The george II is probably a counterfeit it sounds funny when I drop it on the table. It also has a reeded edge which is weird. It looks much better in person and I didn't even clean it. Any info? Thanks again, Jim ;D
PB100260.jpg

PB100261.jpg

PB100262.jpg

PB100263.jpg

PB100264.jpg

PB100265.jpg

Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Jim, you are doing better all the time, fishing? you will soon forget fishing the more colonials you find! I cannot tell from the photo but see if it is 1760 for your Irish Halfpenny....

Don

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fishing is being split 50/50 this year :tongue3: Its 17-0 maybe a 4 or a 6. Did they come with reeded edges? Thought that was weird. Thanks Don :icon_thumleft:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds! That Irish Halfpenny looks sweet. You have me beat by 20 years with the one I found last week. Too bad about the large cent.

That button looks interesting too though I can't make out the backmark.

It may be a few weekends before I can get out again, but if you are available during the week, maybe I can sneak out from work early.

Take care!
Neil

chark21798

Dec 6, 2004
SOUTH JERSEY
Detector(s) used
explorer/ wot coil
Great finds Jim One of these days we need to get out. Sorry missed u thur night i was detickin and 98in. Deer ticks and 98 Large. Shoot me email or call comp down at home so only check at work. HH Mark

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Jim, Gotta love those Irish Coppers! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting