cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
been a while since I have a post anywhere but I figured todays finds were worthy of a post, some of the bullets in the picture are from yesterday as well, but the day started out around noon and we hit a field that an intact henry was found about 7-10 years ago, as soon as I stepped out of the truck I pulled a nice 3 ring minie ball "dropped" beautiful bullet. After about 15 of not really burning it up we decided to hit another spot that we havent hunted in quite a while. Got to the site and walked off in the edge of the woods, alomost immediataly I got a nice reading that sounded like "bullet" dug down and it was what looked like a piece of iron so I threw it up against a tree and when it hit half of it broke off and what I saw inside I decided to keep it, its either a nice period pocket knife or an oyster shucker, not sure will clean it up and post another pic, either way its a nice little piece. After about 15 min I pulled a nice round ball, 3 ring sharps, and 2 dropped minies. My buddy had dissapered on me so I swung back out and around the outside of the field and heard him in the woods so went in to see what he had found. He was on his knees digging the 2nd target and out came an awsome sabot he said he just found another piece 1 foot behind that one, he stood up and swung again and got yet another signal but this time it was Iron......4" down in the dirt he pulls what the sabot was on an AWESOME Hotchkiss shell his 2nd in a year. Well we swung around for another 2 hours hoping to find another but didnt. So all in all in total we got 1 sharps, a couple of 3 ring minie's, 2 enfields, 4 colt .44 caliber bullets, some round balls and the nice hotchkiss.

Thanks for looking and HH

Attachments

• hotchkiss 145.JPG
    hotchkiss 145.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 404
  • hotchkiss 146.JPG
    hotchkiss 146.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 407
  • hotchkiss 147.JPG
    hotchkiss 147.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 397
  • hotchkiss 136.JPG
    hotchkiss 136.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 388
  • hotchkiss 142.JPG
    hotchkiss 142.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Been quite a while....but this is worthy

Nice two day hunt!! :icon_thumleft:

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Been quite a while....but this is worthy

Nice finds!

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! I would love to dig any of them finds. How deep was the shell being it was in the woods.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice batch of lead Matt :thumbsup: The Hotchkiss is awesome,get some better pic's after it's cleaned up,nice save!!...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions