Todays VERY important find

Benbuck6

Jan 11, 2008
GREENVILLE, MS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 350 GTA
Today's VERY important find

While hunting the old lake front park I found a bunch of junk and a blanket that I skipped a few times. Then put my md over the blanket and it hit, I uncovered the blanket and the first thing I saw was small rib cage that looked human - I was reaching for my phone to call the sherriff (I was 90% sure it was human) as I was uncovering the rest i found, to my relief, a dog - somone's pet they disposed of. Right then I heard someone yell "Hey, can I help you." I look up and about 50 yards away a very young man (25 or so) comes walking toward me from a house on stilts that I assume he lives in, but the rest has been owned by the state for years. I grab my gear and walked over to him. I introduced myself to him and he explained he saw me digging and did not know why. We talked for a while and I found out that his family had owned that land 100 years ago and in the 1950's they donated it to the state. The state closed the park in the mid 90's, but maintaned the boat ramp and were suppose to do minor maintenance on the rest but no employees or stuff like that. They did not, and chose to give the land back to the family about 5 years ago. That 20 something guy owned all that plus a mile in each direction of the lake. We talked for a while - he took up most of my hunt - but he gave me permission to hunt there anytime I wanted. I told him I wanted to buy a boat to fish in summer months and take out on river to hunt sandbars in colder months. I asked him if I could hunt the banks he owned. He said sure. He saw me cleaning the trash before he yelled. He said you clean where you hunt like that and you can go anywhere you want. I offered to show him all my FUTURE finds - he said no need. Meeting him was my IMPORTANT find of the day.

Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's VERY important find

nice to get in on a good hunting area. hope u do well :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That's the way these things ought to work! Good job.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You must have a nice smile :D
Cheers :occasion14: and have a very Merry Christmas, Mike

Top Member Reactions