Found Gold Wedding Ring Lost for 3 years.

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
I am happy to say that I was lucky today, and found a mans gold wedding ring.? About a month ago a friend told me that her friends husband lost his wedding ring in the front yard while gardening a few years ago.? I told her that I would love to try and find it for them so she supplied me with the phone #.? Well it wasn't where they thought it was but I got lucky and came up with it.? What a wonderful feeling it was to see the smiles when I returned it.

Upvote 0
D

Diane L.

I did that for a friend over in Marshfield, but did not find the ring.I would have if I had some time to do a good check.A person I know in Wisc Rapids went to the woods and dug up a pinned on both sides pipe,and when they cut it open it was full of walking liberties and old quarters...What a find in the woods.Just as I said before I can tell you lots of true stories and information that is awe-some.I found out some more from some bar guys where I dug today...Interestion information.
I am a sorta historian and it's overwhelming ,but I don't care because it is fun, I am proud of my accomplishments and am happy to help where I can and for meeting all these new friends while detecting.

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I've been fortunate to find many rings for people. These are my recommendations for success. (1) Ask where the owner thinks it should be and seriously consider trying another area. The ring probably landed somewhere else as they have looked the area over that they think it is in. (2) Set your discrimination down to iron reject only! Most wedding bands I find will register on my CZ-5 as foil or roud tab. (3) Ask them what they were doing when they lost the ring and visualize it in your mind. I had a friend of a friend searching for eight hours in a flower bed for three lost rings that a lady had lost while pulling weeds. I imagined myself pulling those weeds and after my hand got so full, throwing them out on to the lawn. Five minutes in to the hunt, out on th lawn, and I had the first ring, a minute later the second ring and after ten minutes I said out loud "Did you cut the grass after losing them", "Yes" , was the reply and I located the third ring out further and badly mangled.

swimmer

Oct 13, 2004
St Helens OR
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's fun to return rings! My sister-in-law lost her heirloom wedding ring while washing the car. She took off the wedding ring and a mothers ring and put them into her pocket. Later they went for a walk down the street and after that, she discovered the rings were missing. She lives in Minnesota & I live in California, so 4 1/2 years later I finally made it to her yard with a detector. She explained they had looked everywhere & that they thought it was under the street pavement because the street was paved the day after she lost the rings. It took about twenty minutes walking a grid pattern to find both rings. They were together in the bottom of the thatch that had built up, about ten feet in front of the front door. She now thinks she lost them when she went in to answer the phone while washing the car.She took her keys out & that's when she probably lost the rings. Needless to say, I moved up a notch in the brother-in-law ratings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread