Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice finds. Thanks for sharing.
Bunker

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, the political coins coming on this week! This takes the best of find, in my opinion. The token is a collectible token. William Henry Harrison (February 9 1773- April 4 1841) was an American military leader, politician, and the ninth President of the United States. He served as the first Governor of the Indiana Territory and later as a U.S. Representative and Senator from Ohio. Harrison first gained national fame for leading U.S forces against American Indians at the Battle of Tippecanoe in 1811 and earning the nickname "Tippecanoe" (or "Old Tippecanoe"). As a general in the subsequent War of 1812, his most notable contribution was a victory at the Battle of the Thames, which brought the war in his region to a successful conclusion.
When Harrison took office in 1841 at the age of 68, he was the oldest man to become President - a record that stood for 140 years, until Ronald Reagan became President in 1981 at the age of 69. Harrison died thirty-one days into his term -- the briefest presidency in the history of the office. He was also the first U.S. President to die while in office. Great find!

Here's one selling for 140 bucks in good shape.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/token-william-henry-harrison-for-president-1840-wow-70294321

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed, your presidential token is a very collectible and nice find. I've noticed that depending on what part of the country you're in, is what type you'll usually find. For instance, I've found Several President Millard Fillmore tokens just like yours and 4-H's. I strongly believe this is because of his political stances that the Southerners liked him so much as he kept this nation from breaking apart nearly ten years before it did with the passing of the Fugitive Slave Laws. In 4-H's instance, the Western Regions of North Carolina and Appalachia in general was a strong anti-slavery sentiment and could be the reason for him finding a John C. Fremont Political Token, who was known as a strong proponent against Slavery.

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Nice finds Kimba

I think that I'd be back there as soon as the ground thaws out a bit. Work it very slowly, and dig everything!

Cheers,

Ralph

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Those are some great finds! Bet you can't wait to get back again?
Monte

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a nice pair of finds!
can you read the obverse inscription on the half cent?
All I can make out is 'Commodations'
I believe the Ship may be 'USS Constitution' as on Webster Tokens.
Congrats :thumbsup:

OP
OP
kimba

kimba

May 22, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXII.
thanks for the comments, i really had no idea. by the way i am terryinr.i., i just happen to be useing my wifes account untill i get mine straight'nd out. as you all might know i made the banner with my GW button so im no stranger to political buttons but this token had me stumped for a while. the half penny says pure copper ferable to paper on the back. the front says commodation for gener????. i was told it was minted 1812.

OP
OP
kimba

kimba

May 22, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXII.
? the pesidential token, it has full detail, would you shine it up or leave it as is????

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a "For General Accommodation" "Pure Copper Preferable to Paper". Irish token used extensively in Canada.

OP
OP
kimba

kimba

May 22, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXII.
romeo-1 said:
It's a "For General Accommodation" "Pure Copper Preferable to Paper". Irish token used extensively in Canada.
yup thats it, 1812.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread