Another park, another good variety

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
I added a post earlier in the week of an old local park with construction going on and that it was for new playground equipment. Yesterday it hit me that if one park is getting new stuff then maybe the rest are also. I drove down by another one and sure enough, it had been dug up too, so I looked at my watch and seen that I had three hours before work and made a mad dash for home to get the dfx. After getting started it didn't take long and I had a small boy around 5 or 6 helping me out. He caught on pretty fast about pinpointing the target when I passed over it and was a bit quicker at getting down to the spot before me. We did manage to find a few wheaties, and since he was slingin' dirt like a dog burying his bone, some were a little harder to locate. Of coarse just as I was about to pull the merc from the side of a plug, he thought he was gonna lay claim to it and so I told him that the next signal was his and he could dig and keep it. Well it wasn't long before the next signal and I dug the plug and got him started before walking on to find the buffalo nickel when I heard him say it's a ring, then a little girls voice said yep it's a ring alright. He came running up to me and handed it to me and I cleaned all the dirt off it and gave it back and told him to put it on his finger. As he was running off to show mom he said, I'm gonna grow up and hunt treasure just like you. So there you have it, the next big treasure hunter is born. It was a copper ring but still a very neat one like an old cereal box ring. For me it was a 42 merc, 40 jefferson, 29 buffalo, and 7 wheaties: 19s,37,2-45's,46,52d,53d, and a small silver round ingot.

Attachments

• P6100003.JPG
    P6100003.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 416
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Clump,

good post.

One happy kid there.
You did not need that gold ring with 6 diamonds
anyway ;) ;D

have a good un...............

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"and a small silver round ingot"
is it just me but i dont see ne silver ingot ,a melted lump of aluminium maybe........

OP
OP
clump63

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
The tiny silver ingot is cut out of the picture to the far right, if you look close you can see the very edge beside the melted piece. Sorry for photo skills. It ran out very loud at about 4 inches and showed penny/dime on the dfx.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aluminium "knock out"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions