Treasure hunting harder than thought

D

dredger

Sorta new to treasure hunting, but found out very early when your loactor pinpionts
a find: it's buried below rocks or roots, the ground is hard as the rocks, or it's about 6"
or more deep with rocks and roots. The heel of my hand is still mending from the 3 or
4 hours of digging yesterday! Found the usual clad finds with one "wheatie", a couple
whatsit's, and metal lid to a cigarette case. Still learning my locators sounds to different
objects. Usually carry a silver quarter-dime-and copper penny with me, after ground
balancing the locator I pass it across them to see how they will register with that type
ground. Will scan some coins once I find enough to warrant starting up my scanner.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Dredg,

Welcome to the board.

Having fun yet. ;D

Sounds like you and your machine are
getting to know each other.

Keep swinging, them finds will come.

have a good un............

A

Aguila

Dredger, with time and experimentation, you will find and recover hits a lot faster. Take your time and enjoy the action as it comes to you. Everything else will fall into place.

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
a good spot for detecting are old sidewalks with out the metal rebar in them, if you can find some of these old walks ,detect the edges you will get some nice finds, tammahawk

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
pinpointing and digging will become easy quick with practice. learning the subtleties of your detector will likely take a bit longer. just remember that every target is telling you something, even the junk! ;)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
I would suggest going to a schoolyard or some place very easy to detect and pick up coins and jewelry. Then you can get some finds under your belt and learn the signals etc. Like Ice says, nothing is easy, and the hard work will eventually pay off. Try to stay patient, go slow and dig the goodies!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions