Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    76 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Re: Short Colonial hunt yeilds goodies: Cut spanish silver Counterfeit or cooked?

Congrats on your first Silver James~

I was thinking maybe that bras object was part of a buckle, but after filling it in, it doesn't look right.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060504.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	493251  

us
    Sep 2009
    Central Va
    T2SE DFX XLT GPX
    283 times
    Relic Hunting

Re: Short Colonial hunt yeilds goodies: Cut spanish silver Counterfeit or cooked?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Detectors 4-H
    Congrats on your first Silver James~

I was thinking maybe that bras object was part of a buckle, but after filling it in, it doesn't look right.

Agreed I thought it may be a half of another sheid type decoration i havefound tons lately!
    G Grandfather John Taliaferro Stevens.
    Enlisted May 1st, 1862 with Co.B/E 51st VA Infantry.
    Taken Prisoner at princeton WV May 16th 1862, found shot in the back May 17th 1862.
    G Uncle John J.L. Stevens.
    Enlisted Feb. 10th 1863 Co. B, 8th Va Calvary

us
    Dig 'em!

Jul 2008
    Federal Way, WA
    V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
    59 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Nice stuff!

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2008
    SE Virginia
    F75, MXT, CZ-21
    2204 times
    Colonial relic hunting and pit digging
    Banner Finds (2)

I agree with you James

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbibb
    I found these items today I not sure about this clipped what appears to have been a 4 reale looks fake to me
    You can see the edge pattern on the coin so it was/is a reale what do you guys think?
    ALso I need Id on the other items
    and a Trigh Gilt london Flat button
    I'm pretty sure that is a fake, but first let me ask how it was reading on your machine. I've dug 2 or 3 fake colonial silver coins, and they all came in real low and were likely made of pewter. What seems to be the compelling evidence for me is the side view of the coin. It appears to be "layered", which is a look I've seen before on counterfeits (including coppers). Even if its not real, don't be concerned as that makes it an even more unique find in my opinion. Congrats on an interesting find ..... Bill

umrgolf

Re: I agree with you James

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D. (VA)
    I found these items today I not sure about this clipped what appears to have been a 4 reale looks fake to me
    You can see the edge pattern on the coin so it was/is a reale what do you guys think?
    I'm pretty sure that is a fake, but first let me ask how it was reading on your machine. I've dug 2 or 3 fake colonial silver coins, and they all came in real low and were likely made of pewter. What seems to be the compelling evidence for me is the side view of the coin. It appears to be "layered", which is a look I've seen before on counterfeits (including coppers). Even if its not real, don't be concerned as that makes it an even more unique find in my opinion. Congrats on an interesting find ..... Bill

Quote Originally Posted by umrgolf
    coin looks legit from here, just burnt.. nice start to 2011 James
    sounds right on the machine just funky looking for sure Thanks Jeff

Aug 2007
    Deep Dug Hole, VA

Your last two pics seem to be off a muzzle loading pistol. The brass object was the front most piece attached to the stock of the pistol but below the barrel. The small round notch was for the ramrod.

Cool finds!!

Keep Digging,
    Sneaky6

us
    Jun 2010
    athens, tennessee
    white's and explorer se pro
    24 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

looks like a good start to 2011!!

us
    Sep 2009
    Central Va
    T2SE DFX XLT GPX
    283 times
    Relic Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky6
    Your last two pics seem to be off a muzzle loading pistol. The brass object was the front most piece attached to the stock of the pistol but below the barrel. The small round notch was for the ramrod.

Cool finds!!

Keep Digging,
    Sneaky6
    Cool thanks
    Taken Prisoner at princeton WV May 16th 1862, found shot in the back May 17th 1862.

us
    Sep 2009
    Central Va
    T2SE DFX XLT GPX
    283 times
    Relic Hunting

Re: I agree with you James

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D. (VA)
    That was an initial concern of mine too Bill- the peice rings in at 81-82 solid on my dfx-sweet sound of silver!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors