I Have Found Some Odd CW Bullets But This Lead "Hand" takes the Cake!!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    2882 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

I Have Found Some Odd CW Bullets But This Lead "Hand" takes the Cake!!

Looks like our planned hunting trip tomorrow to a CS camp will be thwarted by 2-4 inches of snow in Tennessee. I was cleaning out my pouch from a few earlier trips when I saw this CW bullet in the bottom. I recall finding it in a wet weather stream bed at the U.S. camp on Battery Hill in Smith County, TN when Josh and I hunted after Christmas.
    It's just a flattened 3 ringer as you can see and NOT a piece of soldier's art. The resemblance to a human hand is uncanny except for 6 "fingers". Nevertheless, my wife confiscated it for her carved bullet collection as a conversation piece-LOL. After I almost chucked that little Scottie Dog in my carved bullet collection, I learned to check CW lead more carefully.
    For you "Dman Fans", he's getting better daily. I picked him up and drove him to his therapy session yesterday. They must have twisted his arm pretty bad as he bought my lunch-LOL. HH, Quindy in soon to be snowy again Tennessee.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lead Hand Right.jpg 
Views:	747 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	492529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lead Hand Lefdt.jpg 
Views:	739 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	492530  
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

May 2005
    Maine
    Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE
    30 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: I Have Found Some Odd CW Bullets But This Lead "Hand" takes the Cake!!

2-4 I almost feel sorry for you Quindy. You will be back out and detecting in no time. That is a nice hand there. Be hard to give someone the middle finger though wouldnt it? Take care Quindy. My best to Dman.

us
    Dec 2007
    Texas, Old River Winfree
    Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
    118 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Wow, very interesting piece you have there......

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    135 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Boredom makes men carve strange things. Of course the average age of the men (during the Civil War) were just 15, so it all makes perfect sense

us
    CS IS NEXT

Nov 2005
    PA-MD
    Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
    1678 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I think it's a left hand Quindy I have one like that but I think it's a mitten We have 6+ coming tommorrow.....and they call us crazy for some reason

DIG, RECOVER, PRESERVE...THE SCOURGE OF THE DIRT!

Jan 2007
    Virginia
    TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
    284 times
    Banner Finds (12)

Yes Sir, that's an odd one for sure! Luckily for us here in Eastern Virginia, all that snow will be rain for us thank the Lord.

Jan 2007
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    2882 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by mainer
    2-4 I almost feel sorry for you Quindy. You will be back out and detecting in no time. That is a nice hand there. Be hard to give someone the middle finger though wouldnt it? Take care Quindy. My best to Dman.
    Now it's predicted to be 3-5" Jesse. However, there's hope for a hunt on Friday. Thanks for looking my friend, Quindy.
    [quote=Old River ]
    Wow, very interesting piece you have there......
    [/quote
    Thanks OR. I'm sure you have encountered many odd bullets in the Indian war sites too. I hope you don't have snow there. HH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Detectors 4-H
    Boredom makes men carve strange things. Of course the average age of the men (during the Civil War) were just 15, so it all makes perfect sense
    You are correct Mike and they were much shorter in stature and didn't weigh near as much as people do today. They would think a NFL team were giants. I believe this was a fired bullet that got mashed by rocks in the stream. HH, Q.
    [quote=civilman1 ]
    I think it's a left hand Quindy I have one like that but I think it's a mitten We have 6+ coming tommorrow.....and they call us crazy for some reason
    [quote]
    Joe, I wish I could say it's been made by a CW soldier but it's only a coincidence. You and MiniMe tired of snow too? HH, Quindy.
    Quote Originally Posted by {Sentinel}
    Yes Sir, that's an odd one for sure! Luckily for us here in Eastern Virginia, all that snow will be rain for us thank the Lord.
    Thanks Josh and hope you just get rain and can get out and dig more goodies. Stay dry Bud, Quindy.
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

us
    Feb 2006
    Tennessee
    Minelab EXPLORER SE
    328 times
    Banner Finds (2)

That does look like a hand. Thanks again for hauling me around.

us
    Aug 2006
    Sterling, VA
    TWO Whites DFX, ONE XLT, and ONE TDI-SL
    13 times

Hi My Fellow TH'ers
    Well I must say that you don't have a carved bullet but a sliver of a bullet that had a piece shaved off after hitting something solid. It may have clipped a rock or maybe a canon or who knows what. Nice addition to a collection of fired bullets I must admit that I have several quite deformed bullet pieces in my collection.
    Happy TH'ing
    Dave
    'Digger-Dave'
    THing4CSA
    PS: Remember; Don't leave it in the ground!

umrgolf

weird looking bullet, seems you were clear about it not being altered by a soldier

Jan 2007
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    2882 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by umrgolf
    weird looking bullet, seems you were clear about it not being altered by a soldier
    Jeff, thanks for reading the post and have a safe flight. Send me a message when you can. Josh has my home email address. HH, Quindy.

us
    Dig 'em!

Jul 2008
    Federal Way, WA
    V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
    68 times

Cool!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links