(2) Year Anniversary Finds :) Second time out today...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,,,
Well, today is exactly (2) years since I started metal detecting and I was hoping to get in a good long hunt.
I was able to get out for about an hour before the rain came and didn't have a whole lot of luck, which is about the norm for me here lately. :'( ;D I found the dime and the penny in the same hole, the button was laying on the suface, and all the small pieces of nails were from 8" to 10" down sounding like iffy silver hits... Hopefully, the rain will slack off later and I can get out to the new location I was at the other day. I hoping that site will end my silver drought...

Hope ya all are able to get out...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• Recent2.jpg
    Recent2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 438
Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: (2) Year Anniversary Finds :(

hi leon,hope you get a bit of luck.rain doesn,t help

tinpan

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri

Hey Leon.......looks like we have been hunting the same sites, although you did find a coin or two. Anyway, a find, is a find, is a find........it all looks good from here........HH, gregd573......Oh yea........Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A bad day hunting is better than a good day at work, right? Better luck next time Leon! HH!

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Just love the metal badge.... you can make a nice collection from these.

God bless
Peter

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Two years already!? Rain would be a welcome site here right now! It's so dry that the ground is like concrete... :-\ Maybe it'll slow down enough for you to get back out today!

Good luck!

Nana ;)

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Checked up on when I joined TreasureNet, and found it to be the 4th June 2005 ;D I am 1 year old ::)

God bless
Peter

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks all,,,
The rain has been off and on, about like is was in Michigan for the race...The second time out today was a lot better than the first. I finally broke my silver slump. Found a 1938 Mercury Dime, a 1929 Buffalo, a 1926 wheatie, and $.28 cents in clad... Just goes to show that you can never give up on this hobby. The dime hit pretty much just like all the nails I have been digging,,, Sometime hitting high, and sometimes hitting a low iron signal. Usually when this happens the coin is below 6" to 7" down, but this one was only at about 4" down so, I'm not sure why the signal was so iffy... definitely a good way to end up the day of my (2) year anniversary...

Checked up on when I joined TreasureNet, and found it to be the 4th June 2005 I am 1 year old

God bless
Peter

Good deal Peter,,, I joined Tnet right after getting into the hobby, July 4th 2004, so that anniversary date is coming up shortly...
Hope ya all have had a Happy Father's Day!!!
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• Merc1938.jpg
    Merc1938.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 251
  • Buff29.jpg
    Buff29.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 253

nybuford

Jan 16, 2006
Leon, congrats on the merc and buffalo! The other stuff is fun too. Keep up the good work!
Bu

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks again all...

icegator said:
congrats, you see you should never give up.

ice
This hobby won't let ya give up. Just when you think you'll never find anything again, Bam,,, there it is... ;D
Good luck all,, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread