Went looking for gold, found some "gems" instead!

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Went looking for gold, found some "gems" instead!

238854-R1-01-1A.jpg

Ok folks, here is the start of my treasure hunting that has started since Saturday, February 11. I went to North Georgia (60 miles south of me) to look for placer gold with my metal detector. No luck on the gold, not even a flake. However, I did make sure that all the trash that was on the property (30 gallon trash bag's worth), went back home with me to the dump.

238853-R1-07-8A-1.jpg

However, the day wasnt a total waste, it was rather entertaining! Here is what I did find..... ;D

238853-R1-10-11A.jpg

I drove down the road another 15 minutes, and ran across this.....

238853-R1-14-21A.jpg

2 miles later, another one!

238853-R1-16-23A-1.jpg

On the way back home, I thought I would get in some practice at a ballpark, I hoped for some clad, maybe even an off chance to find a ring. All I managed to get from that park, was the visual facts that someone made a home-run, and another person had made it to home-base. :laughing7:
238853-R1-13-16A.jpg

More to be posted very soon.

Upvote 0

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Went looking for gold, found some "gems" instead!

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Eric Willoughby

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!

bump

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great rubber packet. Maybe Bigfoot used it. It looks like the creature is a little light in the loafers in the second sign there.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I'm sure this post has a message hidden and I can not figure it out . :icon_scratch: .. only I realize that the two Big foot posters were made by two different persons . :dontknow:

for what reason the first photo has a red stripe in the middle?
for what reason that photographing these posters?
for what reason You pick up trash from the rest?
Greetings ! :hello:

OP
OP
Eric Willoughby

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!

HISPAN said:
I'm sure this post has a message hidden and I can not figure it out . :icon_scratch: .. only I realize that the two Big foot posters were made by two different persons . :dontknow:

No hidden message here Hispan, please allow me to explain....

1. The first photo is of myself, the red stripe was a light reflection that was caused by flash bulb on the camera. It's a photograph flaw that I wish wasn't there, but its the most recent picture that I have of myself (I rarely get photographed).

2. The bigfoot posters were made by the same person, I dont believe or disbelieve in bigfoot, but its always funny to see these types of signs being posted around. At least to me it is!

3. I pick up trash after other people because it gives our hobby a good image and also it garauntees that I will be allowed to come back to detect again. A person's reputation is worth more than its weight in gold. Also, it just makes the land so much better to look at. :icon_thumleft:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Cap'n Crunch said:
HISPAN said:

1. The first photo is of myself, the red stripe was a light reflection that was caused by flash bulb on the camera. It's a photograph flaw that I wish wasn't there, but its the most recent picture that I have of myself (I rarely get photographed).

2. The bigfoot posters were made by the same person, I dont believe or disbelieve in bigfoot, but its always funny to see these types of signs being posted around. At least to me it is!

3. I pick up trash after other people because it gives our hobby a good image and also it garauntees that I will be allowed to come back to detect again. A person's reputation is worth more than its weight in gold. Also, it just makes the land so much better to look at. :icon_thumleft:

Amen!!!! Very well said, and well written, and besides, it's just the right thing to do!!!!!Red

OP
OP
Eric Willoughby

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!

besides, it's just the right thing to do!!!!!Red
[/quote]

Yes, that too. ;D

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Cap'n Crunch said:
HISPAN said:

Thank you very much for the reply. :hello:

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Needed that chuckle, thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread