Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful weekend in SC. Got back out to the Plantation site this weekend. This is the same site where I found my early 1800's diplomat button, a burnt 1838 seated dime and a 1/2 bit Reale. I have also found approximately 10 flat buttons as well and some nice tack related peices but other than that, no usual relics show up. I personally think they are incredibly deep as the majority of the finds are in the pasture which would have been in the front of the house-that land has been worked for a long time.
The new finds include a beautiful, heart-shaped lock (somewhat burned) and I got a few hours electrolysis on it. A nice 1842 seated dime and my "official" oldest find. A 1794 Cap Bust large cent. It was approx. 6 inches deep and was located right next to a square nail-dug it thanks to a new Relic program on my V3. Date is easier to see in person and the back is very difficult to read-can only make out the America on the rim-can't see wreath at all. I did nick it with my shovel a little.
Much more to be found at this site-just need to grid off and go slow. Thanks for looking.
Palmetto.

Attachments

• russell pics 110.JPG
    russell pics 110.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 721
  • russell pics 118.JPG
    russell pics 118.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 714
  • russell pics 126.JPG
    russell pics 126.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 713
  • russell pics 107.JPG
    russell pics 107.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 723
Upvote 0

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Getting right to the start of American coinage is great. Am looking for any copper that close to the start of this country.
Nice find and there has to be more.......!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Palmetto said:
Much more to be found at this site-just need to grid off and go slow. Thanks for looking.
Palmetto.
Slow is good. For your area, try going again at 90 degrees from where you went first. In other words, work North-South first sweep, work East-West second sweep. It's amazing, at least to me, what is missed in the first sweeps when searching from a different angle. Time consuming, but worth it when the area is right. And I think this may be one of those.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The LC is STILL on my list. Great hunting, Palmetto! :icon_thumright:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look good to me. :icon_thumleft:

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I always go with my gut feeling, some of those funny sounding targets are some of the best finds, right next to a square nail or some iron. Nice coin. Brian C.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a solid day of diggin. Congratulations! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions