1915 San Francisco Panama Pacific Exposition token

pondmn

Jul 1, 2003
Merced, Ca
:My best find todate was tonight at a older public building. Along with some current coins and a silver cross I found a 1915 San Francisco Panama Pacific International Exposition bronze token. The token was awarded to Eastside Beer as a gold metal for excellence of product at the Californias Great Worlds Fairs in San Francisco and San Diego. I was with my buddy using his Fisher 1236X2. Prior to this we had found several other recent coins at the same site.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

pondmn

Jul 1, 2003
Merced, Ca
It was about 6-8 inches down. It has been interesting researching the background of the token. Pondmn

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's great. It's amazing what you'll learn on this site and from researching your finds.

By the way...pondman....are you related to poolboy? ;D ;D ;D ;D

R

rvbvetter

Very nice find!! And silver too!! WTG!
Was it found in S.F. ? HH

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a pic of one I found a few years ago. Is this what yours looks like?

Attachments

• 050105 001.jpg
    050105 001.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 453
  • 050105 002.jpg
    050105 002.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 426
OP
OP
P

pondmn

Jul 1, 2003
Merced, Ca
BK That is exactly what my medal looks like except for a scratch that I accidently put on it when probing for it. Since that time I have changed my probing methods and no longer use anything with a sharp point. Most of my information on it came from the internet where one was sold through an auction. Nice to see another one. Pondmn

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pondmn,
Don't feel too bad about the scratch. All my detecting buddies call me "scratch". I would have used that as my name on the forum, but it was already used. So it looks like we're not the only two who scratch things.
By the way, I actually found 2 of these in the same hole many years ago. Long before the internet. I never thought to look it up.
Any idea as to value? My guess would be in the 10-20 dollar price range.
Keep plugging away.

OP
OP
P

pondmn

Jul 1, 2003
Merced, Ca
Bk When I looked it up on an auction site the token was in the 15-30 dollar range, so your guess would appear to be right on. Pondmn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread