Nice hunt today - Gold and Silver pendant 20 feet apart!

hammong

Aug 29, 2009
Finally got out hunting today, it's been either too cold with solid frozen ground, or too wet lately. Today was perfect, partly sunny with saturated, easy to dig ground. =)

Went to one of my favorite local soccer parks, found these two pendants (chains absent) about 20 feet apart. The Aztec calendar is marked .925 Mexico, and the Virgin Mary has a hand-scribed "Pele" (from what I can tell) in script on the back. An aspiring Soccer player wanting to emulate Pele maybe? Who knows, maybe Pele visited here 25 years ago and dropped his Virgin Mary. =) Coins from this depth in the park are mid-1980s.

Haven't tested the gold colored pendant yet, but my experience leads me to think it's probably 10-14k yellow gold. Not a bad day!

Greg

Attachments

• 2pendants_03162011.JPG
    2pendants_03162011.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
hammong said:
Finally got out hunting today, it's been either too cold with solid frozen ground, or too wet lately. Today was perfect, partly sunny with saturated, easy to dig ground. =)

Went to one of my favorite local soccer parks, found these two pendants (chains absent) about 20 feet apart. The Aztec calendar is marked .925 Mexico, and the Virgin Mary has a hand-scribed "Pele" (from what I can tell) in script on the back. An aspiring Soccer player wanting to emulate Pele maybe? Who knows, maybe Pele visited here 25 years ago and dropped his Virgin Mary. =) Coins from this depth in the park are mid-1980s.

Haven't tested the gold colored pendant yet, but my experience leads me to think it's probably 10-14k yellow gold. Not a bad day!

Greg
Nice finds! That Aztec calendar is pretty cool looking. DD

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Both finds a keepers for sure. Glad you were able to get out. It's been a long hard winter.

HH

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I guess the rougher those guys play, the more we find. Great jewelry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread