Nothing great - Some pretty beat up Draped Bust Cents - and misc.

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detected the woods around an 1830s Plantation House today. Its an interesting site with other sites in the nearby area dating back to the mid 1700s. Not much to brag about with the condition of the coins. They were worn pretty bad when they were lost and the ground hasnt been good to them. There was supposed to be a tavern in this area in the mid 1700s and I am hoping if I keep looking around this area long enough that I might be able to find it. Also hoping the owner who has been very nice to me will eventually let me hunt the yard around the house.

photo-2.jpg

Where I was detecting. Building up the hill is one of a few slave buildings that are still left. The tree to the left is a lot larger than it looks. So large I can not stretch my arms half way around it.

pennies.jpg

I think they are draped bust.

brass.jpg

Harmonica reed and what looks like part of a shoe buckle.

button.jpg

Plain silver plated button

oillamp.jpg

Ive found a lot of these oil lamps patent date 1870s but this is the first one 1867-1868

Upvote 0

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing great? A Draped Bust Large Cent and Half Cent makes for a excellent hunt any :wink: day.

OP
OP
rjs123

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffy said:
Nothing great? A Draped Bust Large Cent and Half Cent makes for a excellent hunt any :wink: day.
Dont get me wrong. Im very thankful and happy to have found them. Just wish they were in a little bit better shape. I'll take them though :) and it gives me incentive to go back!

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found some good items, and by the looks of it you will find more in that area , just keep hunting
and I am sure you will find some more things that will wow you .

OP
OP
rjs123

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodland Detectors said:
I finally found your post Bob. :D Great Copper digs my friend, and excellent photos. Thanks for inviting me out today.

We need to do it again Mike. Im worn out. Must have walked 5 miles. 500 acres is a lot of farm to cover!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
rjs123 said:
Woodland Detectors said:
I finally found your post Bob. :D Great Copper digs my friend, and excellent photos. Thanks for inviting me out today.

We need to do it again Mike. Im worn out. Must have walked 5 miles. 500 acres is a lot of farm to cover!
I agree. We covered some miles today buddy.

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Pretty area your hunting, I wish you luck with the owner, the closer to the house the better. Nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread