Ghost Town Hunt

D

doyboy

Blitz, Zoyboy, and I got out to the ghost town today. I wanted to detect in an area that looked promising. After reading the map of the town from Zoyboy's research folder, I came to the conclusion that there was a home where I was going to be. This area is all totally wooded over now. So, while swinging for about 30 minutes with no finds, I happened to notice a small pathway that led down to a small stream. I started to detect it, and once it started to slope down, I soon got a nice 50 VDI reading that sounded nicely through my headphones. The target pinpointed at 1.5". I dug a small hole and was happy to see a coin in the soil. It turned out to be a 1903 Indian Head (33rd of the year). This coin was probably lost by a person that was sitting on the slope under the shade of the trees.

About an hour later, I got a 40-42 VDI reading that pinpointed at 2.5". It turned out to be an military buckle or pin. Does anyone know what timeframe this is from? It looks to be old, but I have no clue to the origin. HH!

Attachments

• Ghost Town II.jpg
    Ghost Town II.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 500
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds DB

Pin looks old

T

T Vernon

Sweet! Thanks for the VDI's!! I know it helps me.
Cheers,
Travis

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Nice indian head! Also very nice military buckle! Surprised they were both in good condition! :D

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the IH!! Just 17 left for you to hit 50! I'm stuck at a measily 18 so far this year. I've got some work to do to catch up to ya!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I think that pin is an adjustment tool for a military weapon. HH, Mike

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool stuffs! On the US medal, can you tell us what is printed on it, below the the "US"? Looks like "6 Bu." something...

A

Aguila

Maybe if you lightly dampen the pin, the pics will show the writing a little better. I would like to see a pic of the back as well. I will get back with you with info if possible .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread