Good day today , oldest coin and gold

Maggot

Jun 3, 2005
Washington state
I woke up early and went to the lake. Found my oldest coin yet an 1887 indian head penny! Was wierd cause it was in an area that was detected a million times right infront of the swimming area on the dry sand. Someone must have recently lost it. It is a little faded but at least I can read it. Also found the 2 soldiers in the dry sand they feel like nickle or something. I spent probally 5 hours in the water detecting and only found clad, nails, fake jewelery and fishing weights.

The kids and I stopped by an elementry school after Dennys so they could play some more and I found the 14k onyx pendant and the chain, more fake jewelery and clad.

soldiers.jpg

necklace.jpg

Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
The necklace is pretty,and I love the soldiers. I can't make out the IH,but I love those pennies. Sounds like you had a really good day,congratulations. :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Finds Mag.

Congrats on the Indian.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice stone!

UnknownBounty

May 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
that's an AMAZING black opal, they don't make em like that anymore, i've seen some about 3/4 of that size as a pin for 500 - 600 dollars, but the money value isn't worth it, opal is one of my favorite stones, keep it up. AWESOME LOOT.

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds,
Can you tell what metal detector do you have and what was the depth where you found the items?

ceejay64

Apr 16, 2006
New Hampshire, USA
Detector(s) used
BH Pioneer 505
Cool! I love those soldiers.
Looks like an Arthurian Knight and a Spanish Conquistador (sp??).
Nice Indian, too! Found one of those today myself, and I couldn't be happier!
Congrats!
~Ceejay

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
now theres a fun day !!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D and congradsm on the first,, however it got there, its all yours now,, :) ;) :D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

OP
OP
M

Maggot

Jun 3, 2005
Washington state
Thanks everyone!

To answer a few questions:

I live in Auburn, WA. That's inbetween Tacoma and Seattle

I use a DFX in coin mode usually. All the finds were 2'' or less. The necklace came up as a strong 14.

And I guess they could be chess pieces but I think the would have a bigger base maybe?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread