A few finds and the new Machine

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
A few finds from the last few times out. Tried going out today and after about an hour of sweating profusely and I called it a day. :P

Just got an Explorer II. Thought it would be very easy going from the Quattro to the Explorer. Wrong! Initial tests in my coin garden seem to indicate that I will not be achieving any more depth than what I get with my Quattro. Only advantage I can see is being able to swing faster(faster recovery). But why does Minelab have to make a different VDI scale for the Explorer?! Also might be able to pick out items closer to iorn than the Quattro.

Anyway, even though we hunt together Nate is going to be posting separately now. He is starting to become more independent and will turn 17 soon. His screen name is Nate in Ohio. He usually does a little better than I do cause he tends to dig almost everything whereas I am much more selective(middle age does that to you). He also has more free time for detecting.

Second picture is of a Cold Cream lid made by the Larkin Company in Buffalo. Business was the best for them around 1890 and declined to about 1930’s.

HH and stay cool. 8)

Mirage

Attachments

• July14.jpg
    July14.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 508
  • Larkin.jpg
    Larkin.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 511
  • July14A.jpg
    July14A.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 521
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you are talking about with the heat! You did much better than I this week!!!! Love the merc! And tell Nate to bring it on!! 8) Will be looking for his posts! ;)

Nana ;)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love your pictures, Mirage. Have I told you that before? ;) :D

Nice finds. I'll be looking forward to Nate's posts. :)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Mirage.

I would like to have a exp to. I would like to have about 5 units or so. But budget is a problem.

You should adapt to it well.

The more you have the more you find.

HH Jer

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
as always- nice pictures and finds. The heat here has been tough too. Takes some of the enjoyment out of the hunt!! Congrats on the new MD.
HH

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Nice digs! The Merc looks great.Congrats on adding that new machine to your arsenal.I hope it works out well for you.
Getting out early in the morning seems to be the only way to beat the heat we've been having lately.Stay cool and HH!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Explorer 2 club!!! Its a great machine and you will get use to it very quickly....! HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Mirage and great relationship with your son, trying to get my middle son into it but he will only go out occasionally. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread