First 3 Ringer and Mini ball same day Pcola

GulfCoastRelix

Mar 2, 2010
Pensacola
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 / Garrett Ace Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such a wonderful day in sunny Florida. Went to the usual spots in downtown Pensacola but was hitting up the usual trash signals when a friend I met few weeks back rode by on his bike and told me of a lot that another friend owned and was in the process of clearing it for new home construction. It happened that this lot was in the heart of the historical district and the home that use to be there dated back to the mid 1800's. I wasn't going to pass it by. He had only started scraping the surface with a back hoe to about a foot or so at this point. It was primed for picking so I started swinging. After a few clad coins and finding remnants of old bottles and ceramics I hit a solid quarter signal on my detector. I scooped up the sandy soil with my scooper and sitting in the bottom was unmistakably my first 3 ringer! Its quite unusual to find these in my neck of the woods since Civil War activity was present here but minimal. Most of the fighting took place closer to Mobile near Spanish Fort in 1865. However not even 5 minutes later my friend got another signal 10 feet away and pulled up a mini ball. Here are the pictures taken with my cell phone right after. Sorry the quality is not great but you can see clearly what it is. Here's the kicker. He has invited me to come back tomorrow where he is going to continue the clearing and go to about 4 feet. I hope to post more great finds. I am sure there's much more to be found.

Attachments

• Ringer_miniball.jpg
    Ringer_miniball.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 3ringer_minball.jpg
    3ringer_minball.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first minie ball :headbang:

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Maybe one of those rare FL. buttons are hiding hit it hard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread