Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's Find

;D Yea, Your Fingers are gonna get awfully RAW that way. HH ; & congrats on your first day. Jeff

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004

Spuf--don't take this the wrong way, but that's one of the funniest things I've read, having a vision of someone digging in the ground with their fingers, and you found the stuff on top of it. I think even in the caveman days they would have used a stick. Hey, it's a great hobby. I think everyone should have to dig with their fingers first time as an initiation. You are going to feel great when you get a small trowel. Best of luck.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505

find a plain screw driver (about 8 to 10 inches long) and a plastic 6" garden shovel (so you can wave the dirt from the hole under the coil and see if its there).? those should help you a lot.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Just a part of the learning process I guess... Welcome to the hobby, And the forum...
Just a word of caution, anytime your digging watch your fingers, there is a lot of scrap aluminum that will cut you to pieces,,,not counting the broken glass... I myself use a stainless digging tool with a 6" blade...
You might also watch how hard you plunge into the ground, as I have dug several live 44 cal. cartridges...
I would hate to hit the cap and set one of those baby's off.. :o Not sure if it's ever happened, but I take it a little easier ever since I found them...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:D Welcome Spuf. I cant believe you were able to dig them out! Thats hardcore, dude! I think you were made for this sport. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread