Gold,Gold,Silver: 1 Year Gold Drought Comes To A End Today.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Finally broke my gold slump here today. I dig alot of trash that I never show you all. So I was happy to get some gold today.

I decided to take my boys out today for a hunt. We haven't been out in awhile. I know why.

I didn't expect to find much today. I wanted to hunt a set of woods and paths my one boy could handle.

I have been through these areas more than once. But they are large and I never walk a grid pattern.

I also been working area's over again for the first time with the 1400 coil. I have know problem locking onto targets 8 plus inches with this coil.

We got to see a bunch of deers today and even a few just born. In this area there so used to people that at times they can get really close to you. They'll come 15 to 20 ft away from you.

Things were really slow for the first hr and 20 minutes. I had like 10 pennies and just a few relics.

Then I find the gold cuff link on the surface. It was in awesome shape. I wiped it some to get the oxidation off and thought it was silver.

There is absolutely no corrosion on this cuff link. I know it's old because I have found alot of others non gold in this area. The only markings it has is a 4 leaf clover on the stem of the cuff link.

I think it may be 9 carat gold.

About 5 minutes later I get a fairly good hit up against a tree root. I start to dig and see the glimmer of silver on the edge of the hole. I almost got it with the shovel. Tough target to detect and pinpoint.

It's a lot thinner and smaller than it looks. All stones are in it but dirt got behind 2 of them. It's marked sterling on the back and the pin is missing.

Then almost ready to pack it up. Go and retrieve my kids diggin tool on the path I get a broken pulltab signal reading in the 30's. I wasn't paying real close attention.

Dig down about three inches. Plug flips over and there it was. A 1952 St Alvernia church ring.

It was a great few seconds. You all know what I'm talking about. When you go on a gold drought for awhile it can really surprise you when it comes.

I'm not a jewelry hunter either. I choose old coins and relics over it.

Thanks for looking everyone,

HH Jer

Attachments

• Gold slump over dirty.jpg
    Gold slump over dirty.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 932
  • Gold drought over.jpg
    Gold drought over.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 936
  • Gold relics.jpg
    Gold relics.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 947
Upvote 0

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring, Jer! Nice way to end a gold drought. Just goes to show, you never really know what you're going to dig up when you get a pulltab signal.

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice findings, congratulations.
Digman.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks alot for all the kind words everyone.

I try and dig as many tabs as I can along with foil and screw caps.

I guess relic hunting and old coin shooting doesn't offer alot of gold.

But I have had years were I found 6 or 7 gold rings. All were old though.

It was nice to get back into things now that my hand is healed. But I'll always have that detectorist scare there.

I found some good stuff this weekend. I'll post it in a day or so.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread