Gold,Gold,Silver: 1 Year Gold Drought Comes To A End Today.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Finally broke my gold slump here today. I dig alot of trash that I never show you all. So I was happy to get some gold today.

I decided to take my boys out today for a hunt. We haven't been out in awhile. I know why.

I didn't expect to find much today. I wanted to hunt a set of woods and paths my one boy could handle.

I have been through these areas more than once. But they are large and I never walk a grid pattern.

I also been working area's over again for the first time with the 1400 coil. I have know problem locking onto targets 8 plus inches with this coil.

We got to see a bunch of deers today and even a few just born. In this area there so used to people that at times they can get really close to you. They'll come 15 to 20 ft away from you.

Things were really slow for the first hr and 20 minutes. I had like 10 pennies and just a few relics.

Then I find the gold cuff link on the surface. It was in awesome shape. I wiped it some to get the oxidation off and thought it was silver.

There is absolutely no corrosion on this cuff link. I know it's old because I have found alot of others non gold in this area. The only markings it has is a 4 leaf clover on the stem of the cuff link.

I think it may be 9 carat gold.

About 5 minutes later I get a fairly good hit up against a tree root. I start to dig and see the glimmer of silver on the edge of the hole. I almost got it with the shovel. Tough target to detect and pinpoint.

It's a lot thinner and smaller than it looks. All stones are in it but dirt got behind 2 of them. It's marked sterling on the back and the pin is missing.

Then almost ready to pack it up. Go and retrieve my kids diggin tool on the path I get a broken pulltab signal reading in the 30's. I wasn't paying real close attention.

Dig down about three inches. Plug flips over and there it was. A 1952 St Alvernia church ring.

It was a great few seconds. You all know what I'm talking about. When you go on a gold drought for awhile it can really surprise you when it comes.

I'm not a jewelry hunter either. I choose old coins and relics over it.

Thanks for looking everyone,

HH Jer

Attachments

• Gold slump over dirty.jpg
    Gold slump over dirty.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 931
  • Gold drought over.jpg
    Gold drought over.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 935
  • Gold relics.jpg
    Gold relics.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 946
Upvote 0

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the gold GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY... Don't give up persistance will pay off...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice stuff Jer, WTG!!!
Cleaned up nice...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hutning~

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, congrats on the gold and silver Jer!!! HH, Mike

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice stuff. Like the before and after pics. I know what you mean about the coins vs jewelry. However, the rings are where the $ is. Not to easy to find a $100 coin but a decent ring will fetch that. Of coarse it's not too easy to find a nice ring either. :D

Bob

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Very nice finds. If you were on a drought then I've been stuck in the desert! LOL :D Still waiting for My first gold, but having one heck of a good time anyways!!!
Congrats & HH

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Ratracer, It's a old sterling silver pin that would have been attched to clothing. I have found about 5 different one's at this same location.

They must have been popular in the earlier 1900's.

Mirage, Glad you liked the pics. It's pretty cool to show them dirty then cleaned. The only problem I have been having is the lighting for taking the pics.

I've been coming straight home from hunting scaning the dirty coins real quick and then eager to wash them off.

Also to show folks what I can do with a item also. And at times to make sure know one questions me.

People have been great on this forum to me. So I would think that would be there last thoughts.

I love to find jewlery but that means more clad hunting and newer sites. Then you only get a few wheats or maybe a roosevelt for silver but it's not real common.

Blackjack, You'll get it. Just keep digging trash as much as you can. It will hit you when you least expect it to happen.

HH Jer

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
WTG Jer, CONGRATS!!

I am glad you broke the slump
and now you are on a streak!! Keep it going!
Beautiful finds, nice story, great pics...thanks!
You deserve this after your injury and all.

Smiles!
BDoo

G

Grayghost54

;D ;D ;D Gold is Great, Gold is Good,, swing swing swing in your neighborhood. Congrats !!!! Job Well Done

grayghost54

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
now there are some great finds,,, get a roll going and keep it running,,,,ya baby,, 8) 8) 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread