Old Boyscout camp gives up Big Silver !!!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The past year the Old Boyscout camp has given up a bunch of nice finds including many silver coins and scout related items. So yesterday my daughter Leah and I went out detecting for an hour or two near the place were we have been finding plenty of goodies. First we started along the creek with not much luck and then made our way close to the ridge area where we may have some luck.. after a few minutes I found a nickel 1939 ...not bad then a few more items . Leah was with out a shovel so you know how that goes ...."Dad I think I got something" So over I went to check it out and dig the hole ,nothing but junk...So as we have discussed in the past I showed her how to discriminate when you think you have a good hit....With her Tesoro set between foil and Nickel ,i suggested when you have a good hit turn the discrimination all the way up and if you still have a nice hit , call me over and will see what you have! So about 15 yards away I here a shout ,"I have a good hit" so I made my way over again and dug down about 5 inches , as Leah checked the hole we both seen and heard that the sound was coming from the clump of dirt and when she broke it in half.....out popped a half. Ben Franklin to our surprise and she was all excited , 1953 and in very nice condition.
Now with some excitement and finding silver once again (not me) this was her first Half Dollar so it made for a nice outing and as we headed back to our campsite , I 'm hearing " Dad what did you find" lolol . Boy they learn quick...haaa.... Well after my Wheat penny and nickel we all know who had the better day!!!!

The Seeker

Attachments

• P5230008 Medium Web view.jpg
    P5230008 Medium Web view.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 951
  • P5240004 Medium Web view.jpg
    P5240004 Medium Web view.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 943
  • P5240002 Medium Web view.jpg
    P5240002 Medium Web view.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 940
  • P5230009 Medium Web view.jpg
    P5230009 Medium Web view.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 940
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Another great girl detectorist takes center stage! :)
Way to Go Leah! Glad you were able to show your dad some detecting tricks! Congratulations on a fantastic find!

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Nice find there....that is a nice looking half dollar and from the looks on your face.....you now have the fever....lol. Maybe you can take your dad out and show him how to find some other old coins....lol. Good hunting...gregd573

O

Ole Mole

That is really a nice find and I'm sure you woun't let Dad forget it for a long, long , long time ;D

Seeker, I am sure that memories like these will be with you forever. Just remind your daughter that if it weren't for you she would never have found anything ;D

HH

R

realmhunter

a Ben half is a wonderful find and a experience you both can remember always.-RH

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
SEEK, Very Nice Find, Congrats. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 054.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 054.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 757
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 054.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 054.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 760

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
damn!!! some of the gals on here do better then some of us dudes, rock on girly!

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Seeker, it is nice to hear someone doing better than you... she is very cute also....

God bless
Peter

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
that is awesome !!!!!! although my wife comes with me sometimes, i really enjoy seeing pics of the children getting thier fair share,, priceless......... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread