Schoolyard yields- silver and gold and lots of trinkets

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello everyone,

Again I had to work yesterday, for the second Saturday in a row which is rare for me in the past couple years. Working on the big OT (own time...lol). The joy of being an engineer I suppose. Anyway, I didn't want to get too grimey so I hit another schoolyard close to work for some easy detecting and digging in the woodchips around the play structures.

I got in 3 hours of detecting found $8.90 face value , 183 coins. In one area, there was pennies everywhere. I must have dug 100 pennies in 1/2 hour or so in that area. There was 1 wheatie in the mix, a 1944.

I did snag a lot of jewelry today. This place was loaded.
My keepers include a very thin, delicate, but pretty lover's pendant hallmarked 14kt, a nice 925 silver pendant (looks Mexican), and an interesting pin hallmarked sterling (made in France) that has a snow ski with the state of Michigan shape in red stones hanging below it. It's pretty cool!

Also a pile of trinket jewelry including 3 rings, 4 earrings, and 16 charms/pendants.

I also found a Hong Kong $5 dollar piece 1987. It's big, almost the diameter of an american half and very thick (twice as thick as a half). Another cool dig was a flattened penny from Fort Michilimackinac.

It was a beautiful day out there and I was just happy to get out as things have been really hectic at work and home of late.

Happy hunting to you all!

Sorry for the crappy photos this time. My scanner is on the fritz but we got it sussed and the fix part comes in the mail Tuesday.

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 712
  • Trinkets.jpg
    Trinkets.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 718
  • Coins.jpg
    Coins.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 674
Upvote 0
R

realmhunter

School yards can be rewarding and are sometimes overlooked. Great haul!! keep up the good work.RH

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
An amazing array, BDoo! :o That cylindrical silver item looks as if it might be a mezuzah case pendant.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW.... that's a lot of goodies from school yards. Come check out ours... all you can find are pennies and pencil erasers.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Boo,

WOW, thats a bunch. Sounds like you hit
the right place. Sure would keep it in mind
for the future.

Again, WOW ::)

have a good un....................

M

mchamby

Wow, it looks like you found one of everything. ;D :D . Very nice assortment. HH
Mchamby

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
mlw67 said:
Great heavens--you always find so many little *thingies* !!

Good finds!

Thanks for the visit mlw!
Ya, lots of thingies, and thank goodness, and couple of THINGIES!!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Blackjack77 said:
Wow what a haul-- My schoolyard visits have been dismal so far. Maybe the next one! :) :)
Congrats & HH

Thanks Blackjack,
I appreciate the read and comment...
I have been pretty fortunate this year at the schools for sure.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Digginman said:
Boobydoo, you have mastered schoolyards. You really know how to pick em.

DM

Appreciate it dig!

My MDer is like a Hoover there I guess.
and I am spoiled on flipping the stuff out of the woodchips,
way too easy...lol. I dug it all and probably unearthed 300 plus targets in the 3 hours counting the foil and other trash. Picked it all up and disguarded it of course.

Smiles!
BDoo

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...thats a lot of cool things

HH
-GC

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
PBK said:
An amazing array, BDoo! :o That cylindrical silver item looks as if it might be a mezuzah case pendant.

Thanks a lot for the friendly comment my friend.
I will try to post a better picture of this silver pendant and I appreciate all your help with the possible ID of it. I did in fact find it at a school that has 85% Jewish enrollment so maybe.

Smiles!
BDoo

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goodness Scooby! :o You must a been really trying to ease those nerves! :P Look at all that! And $8.90! YOU will sleep well tonight. ;)
Hope everything works out for you. Congrats on all those keepers!

Nana :)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
bscofield6 said:
WOW.... that's a lot of goodies from school yards. Come check out ours... all you can find are pennies and pencil erasers.

Hi "B"!

Thank you.
Ya, I hope you all don't mind me posting pics of my "junk" too. Some a that stuff sure looks real coming from the ground and in the pouch it goes and continue hunting. Clean it all up at home and ID them.

We do have a lot of well off school districts and areas around here, Oakland County Michigan (rich!)
At least I for one, can level out the income average...lol.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
realmhunter said:
School yards can be rewarding and are sometimes overlooked. Great haul!! keep up the good work.RH

Thanks Real!

Welcone to the forum by the way... see you around!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread