Dog Tags, A Minelab success story

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Well I just had to submit this story to Minelab and thought I share it with all you fine folks. Usually I don't endorse products but this machine being able to find these dog tags just astounded me. Didn't get to do any other hunting on the trip but this was well worth the extra space the detector took in the car.

"While visiting my sister during an Easter trip to PA, I stashed my new Minelab SE Pro in the car just in case. My sister mentioned that one of her dogs had lost its tags in their dog area and was hoping I would be able to find them. So I pulled out the Explorer, grabbed the two identical tags from the other dog and set the machine to learn the signals and discriminate everything else out. Looking at dog pen I decided there was no way I was going to find those tags. It is surrounded by wire, a propane tank on one side and other metal scattered around. The entire area inside the pen was null on the detector. Started in the back near the enclosure, and got a good reading and dug the first tag. 10 minutes later on the other side of the pen I dug the other tag. No other signals were heard. I've only been using this machine for 6 months and have been impressed many times, but this just blew me away. Thanks Minelab."

thanks for looking and HH!

Attachments

• dogs.jpg
    dogs.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 1,011
  • tags.jpg
    tags.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,017
  • IMG_0340.JPG
    IMG_0340.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,009
Upvote 0
OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
lokkenpa said:
Cool story! :hello2:

Thanks lokkenpa

Woodland Detectors said:
That is a great story Bob!

Welcome to the SS club! Did you get your keychain? :notworthy:

Thanks. Keychain?

steelheadwill said:
Great work on the specific recovery :thumbsup:
Minelab is #1

The Patriot said:
well they are a great machine :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the replies, I agree they are great machines

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes minelab sends keychains to anyone who submits a story that they publish on their site, I got 2 keychains from them in last week!!

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goes4ever said:
yes minelab sends keychains to anyone who submits a story that they publish on their site, I got 2 keychains from them in last week!!

awesome, I didn't know that. here's to hoping for a keychain :icon_thumleft:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story . :headbang: Finds like you Just showed, is why I switched to Minelab myself. :coffee2:

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
extractor said:
Great story . :headbang: Finds like you Just showed, is why I switched to Minelab myself. :coffee2:

Thanks.

I just got my Keychain in the mail this past week.

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
Yep those keychains are supposed to only be available for the success story posters. I have a couple and last November I won the story of the month so I got the backpack stuffed with goodies, very sweet and a big thanks to Minelab.

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Great story!! and way to go finding them.. i just submitted a success story last month that made it on there.. hope I get a keychain.. do they just mail one our or should i have been contacted for an address?

neil

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
nhagan said:
Great story!! and way to go finding them.. i just submitted a success story last month that made it on there.. hope I get a keychain.. do they just mail one our or should i have been contacted for an address?

neil

I wasn't sure about that either. I registered my machine on their website when I got it, so thats how I'm assuming they got my address.

Congrats on your success story :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread