Rings are in season

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Last week Nate and I got the itch to do some detecting. Since it was 88 we didn’t want to make a big trip out of it. We decided to detect an old 1800’s home site that has been used as a park for the last 80 years. This site is super trashy(a nice carpet of pull tabs) but some decent finds have come from it. I put on the 7.5 inch DD Coil on my new Explorer II. Since I am just learning the machine I got a couple pull tab signals and dug them. Ok, that’s what a pull tab reads as. 15 minutes later one of the pull tabs sounded a little better than a tab. Dug it and found the silver ring. ;D Looks like it could have some age. Outside appears fairly worn. Inside writing says To Mickey Teay(?). Only found one other coin in our hour of detecting. Nate also only found one coin.

Had some luck with a few other rings at a local elementary school. All three were in the same small area. The silver butterfly ring sounded better than a pull tab but the others like one. The one says 18 k on the inside. Of coarse it was plated and most of the plating came off. :P

Last hunt was with a fellow DFX owner who made the drive up to hunt our latest hotspot. Nate scored some nice keepers and Don found a cool “Good for 5 cents trade” token as well as a hotel key ring.

HH

Mirage

Attachments

• mytotals700.jpg
    mytotals700.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 548
  • token.jpg
    token.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 551
  • Ringsbefore.jpg
    Ringsbefore.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 545
Upvote 0

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Cool finds there, Mirage.

Maybe if you keep hunting you will find the rest of the safe that combo dial came from... ::)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Mirage on the nice haul! And those are some real good quality pictures.

Huntin' 59er

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Mirage...and Don!

Glad you all are having a great time together!

Nana ;)

B

BIG61AL

LOOKS LIKE EVERY BODY WHO IS POSTING TODAY HAD A GREAT COLLECTIONS OF FINDS!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
M,

real nice assortment you pulled up.
Rings are always nice.

Congrat to you and Nate.

have a good un.................

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Yep,that's a pretty nice day of detecting! Congrats on the rings and all the other items!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Looks like you both had a great day! Congrats on the rings and the Susan B. 8) Is the Good for token a maverick?

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds guys! I'll bet that humidity is kicking butt as well with the temps. HH, Mike

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About the old silver ring: Most all the engraving that is done anymore is done with a Hermes engraver, Basically a pantogragh machine and not very hard to use. The engraving on the ring you found is hand engraving done by an engraver which is not easy to do at all. I've watched it done, it's harder than tatooing.
That ring is very special and a good find.

Thanks for sharing the pics,
Ramapirate

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Thanks for all the comments all.

Bavaria Mike said:
Nice finds guys! I'll bet that humidity is kicking butt as well with the temps. HH, Mike

Mostly it hasn't been too bad humidity wise. The thing that has been bad this summer is the mosquitoes. Guess we had a nice summer last year without much rain. This year we have had rain every week.

Ramapirate and Rusted Iorn - Thanks for the feedback. I do have a write up of the history of the family that lived at this site. I'll have to dig it up. It would be cool to see if I could find a relative named Mickey.

The token in the first pic upper left is a Chucky Cheese token.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you are starting to get the hang of that Explorer. Even a year from now you still won't FULLY understand that machine as there is something to be learned about it everytime you go out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread