Cool Looking C1940 Chrome St. Christopher Plaque Probably Silver Plate

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
Developers are tearing up about a 7 acre parcel of woods that I pass everyday on my way to the shop. This is the woods where I found my first real old coin (1807 large cent in nice readable date condition), some Indian heads and 20th century silver dimes and quarters. Also years ago, my friend found an early large cent, a Seated Liberty dime, and also some 20th century silver. Anyway the pass few days, I've found an Indian head penny, a small silver cufflink, a 1942 silver quarter and several 19th century buttons. This evening I was hunting some bulldozer tracks near the road and found this cool looking chrome St. Christopher Protect Us Travellers Plaque. The metal features four modes of transportation, an automobile, a train, an ocean liner and a passenger plane. Judging by the style of the car and plane, I would say the metal is no later than 1945. Also, it's 3 3/4" long and the back is magnetized, so I'm assuming you attached it to the dashboard.

Attachments

• medal.jpg
    medal.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 378
  • medal2.jpg
    medal2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 369
Upvote 0

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Re: Pretty Cool Looking C1940 Chrome St. Christopher Dashboard Plaque

VERY Nice piece !! Would look great in MY Display case !! ;)

I would have been happier than a kitten following a leaky cow if I had dug that up. :D

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA

Wow, that's a beauty! It looks like it is in great shape, too! Keep searching!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That one is definitely a keeper!!! 8)

Great find Fisher!

;)

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome find!

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri

"Kitten following a leaky cow".......now thats a good one....HH all, gregd573. Oh yea, cool find also bookfisher.......

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Solid 1940's and would look great on the walnut dash of my 53 MG-TD.....
;) ;D

R

realmhunter

Phenominal find. I love finding unusual articles! Keep swinging the md...RH

OP
OP
bookfisher

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
bookfisher said:
Developers are tearing up about a 7 acre parcel of woods that I pass everyday on my way to the shop. This is the woods where I found my first real old coin (1807 large cent in nice readable date condition), some Indian heads and 20th century silver dimes and quarters. Also years ago, my friend found an early large cent, a Seated Liberty dime, and also some 20th century silver. Anyway the pass few days, I've found an Indian head penny, a small silver cufflink, a 1942 silver quarter and several 19th century buttons. This evening I was hunting some bulldozer tracks near the road and found this cool looking chrome St. Christopher Protect Us Travellers Plaque. The metal features four modes of transportation, an automobile, a train, an ocean liner and a passenger plane. Judging by the style of the car and plane, I would say the metal is no later than 1945. Also, it's 3 3/4" long and the back is magnetized, so I'm assuming you attached it to the dashboard.

A few people have looked at the plaque and the consensus is that it is probably not chrome but silverplate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread