Trime time...

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 707
  • t2.1 003.jpg
    t2.1 003.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 722
Upvote 0

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
Wow another awesome coin , thanks for sharing.

Karl

OP
OP
JW15

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
AMorgan said:
Please dont ruin that coin by cleaning it. It looks perfectly fine in its natural state.
I was thinking of cleaning it with a non oil based acetone, I would never use any type of silver polish. In my opinion silvers look like polished chrome when that's used. My coin guy tells me the acetone(finger nail polish remover) will safely clean silver without depreciating the value. Also(FYI) non virgin olive oil for rare coppers (about a two week soak).

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just my opinoin,but i think the way it looks is what gives it character..i dont understand why people want to find old coins then super clean or polish them to make them look new..
you have a good looking coin..the one i found was in 3 pieces!!!
I would also be carefull cleaning it as the composition of this coin is.750 silver and .250 copper..so i am not sure how it will clean up.....

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
Very nice! Nice condition! The very first one I found, ended up in the junk box for a bit.
I thought it was one of those kids, aluminum play coins. :icon_scratch:
Go get some more!!!

Slab

OP
OP
JW15

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
teverly said:
just my opinoin,but i think the way it looks is what gives it character..i dont understand why people want to find old coins then super clean or polish them to make them look new..
you have a good looking coin..the one i found was in 3 pieces!!!
I would also be carefull cleaning it as the composition of this coin is.750 silver and .250 copper..so i am not sure how it will clean up.....
Ahh...Thanks for the heads up on the copper content! Yes, acetone might(?) cause staining in that case. Hey, as far as your Trime is concerned at least you can say you found pieces of 3!:laughing7: Seriously though, I just want to take the stubborn dirt off without affecting the value, If that were toning on the coin I would leave it be and I may do just that anyways.

dirty digger dude

May 16, 2011
OOOOOOOOOO I would love to find one of these! Smallest silver coin ever minted. I just think these are just plain cool. great find :hello2:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet coin!
the first one I found was in such poor shape it stayed on Whatsit for a few days!
congrats! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions