1883 IH

eric in ks

Oct 29, 2005
middle america
Hi everyone, It's my day off so I decided to get in a little Eric time with the garrett this morning. I haven't hunted in probably a month because it's been really dry, but we had almost 2" of rain the other nite, so I made it out. I went back to a vacant lot here in town that has had the top 4" of 5" of topsoil scraped off. This coin was still about 4" down. Makes me wonder how many deep coins are still out there. IH's and Merc's are my favorite coins, so this was a great way to start my day. Hope life's good to everyone, Eric

Attachments

• 1883 IH Obverse.jpg
    1883 IH Obverse.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0
D

doyboy

Way to go, Bud! There has to be Seated there or Barber. Hunt very slowly and overlap your sweep. Listen for the slight variations in the signal tone. That usually indicates a deeply buried coin, or a coin on edge.

mxtswinger

Jul 27, 2006
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI
Nice way to end a drought. I'm another IH fan and getting some good rain right now. Maybe it'll help.HH

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I hear ya about the dry conditions. Hopefully more rain is on the way. Congrats on the IH. Best of luck and HH!

M

mchamby

Nice looking IH, they sure are a pretty coin. WTG
HH
Mchamby

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Great looking Indian eric.Way to get back into the swing of things.
Don't let the dry ground conditions keep you from hunting.You're actually more likely to hit on silver in dry ground. Keep on getting out there to that scraped lot as there is a lot of potential for more older coins and relics. Best of luck to you. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread