My first Buffalo! Plus Model T Ford key!

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woohoo!

Today I went to a spot that's produced really well, have gotten a silver ring, a gold ring, 11 wheaties, and my first and only Mercury dime. This time I scored a 1928 Buffalo Nickel!!! :hello2:

The date is nearly worn off but otherwise in okay condition. Also found a 192? wheatie with the last number worn away. Plus a watchface, hot wheels motorcycle, 3 early 1900s shotgun shells, 3 spoons, 3 keys, and an old bottle of eyeliner.

And I've only done about 1/4 of the place so far! :icon_sunny:

Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My first Buffalo!

Sweet, I've managed two buffalos this year, I'm always happy to see them! Keep digging, gotta be more good stuff there

OP
OP
heepiepow

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

NOLA_Ken said:
Sweet, I've managed two buffalos this year, I'm always happy to see them! Keep digging, gotta be more good stuff there

Thanks! Yeah, for sure there's more good stuff.

I just found out from internet searching that one of my keys is for the Ford Model T, made between 1908 and 1927!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

You go, guy! Congrats on the 1928 Buffalo Nickel and the Model T key! Haven't noticed any other Model T keys since I started reading t-net posts early last fall. Please post pics of nickel and key so we can see & enjoy them! Andi, aka Yo Mama

OP
OP
heepiepow

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks Terry, and yeah Allen, it's a great site (except for the hundreds of bottlecaps heh)

g-olden years said:
You go, guy! Congrats on the 1928 Buffalo Nickel and the Model T key! Haven't noticed any other Model T keys since I started reading t-net posts early last fall. Please post pics of nickel and key so we can see & enjoy them! Andi, aka Yo Mama

Hi Mama Jama!

Here's scans of the nickel and key:

Attachments

• keynickelfront.jpg
    keynickelfront.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 332
  • keynickelback.jpg
    keynickelback.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 320

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)

heepiepow said:
Thanks Terry, and yeah Allen, it's a great site (except for the hundreds of bottlecaps heh)

g-olden years said:

Great stuff,,,,,l love that key!!!!! :headbang:

Hi Mama Jama!

Here's scans of the nickel and key:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Thanks for the pics! Especially love the curving design on top portion of the Model T key! Andi

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions