1924 Dog tag, Smokehouse lock

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
found these items recently on a few trips to a new site. Working on getting the lock cleaned up. It's the largest one I've found thus far. Unfortunately the button back is gone.

I dug the bottle while digging the lock. there was another big piece of iron in the hole. Absolutely amazed I didn't crack the bottle as It was only the second trip with a new digging shovel one of my hunting buddies made for me.

Thanks for looking and HH.

Attachments

• IMG_0376[1].JPG
    IMG_0376[1].JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0376[1].JPG
    IMG_0376[1].JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I like this button where the eagle is leaning down holding the anchor. I haven't seen this type before, and I know little about buttons. Is this leaning eagle button found often? The many others I've seen on t-net have eagles standing straight up just like one that I found. Andi

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
g-olden years said:
I like this button where the eagle is leaning down holding the anchor. I haven't seen this type before, and I know little about buttons. Is this leaning eagle button found often? The many others I've seen on t-net have eagles standing straight up just like one that I found. Andi

I have found one of these before but that backmark could not be read.

I think it is a Marine Corp button. from what I understand they used this design for a considerable amount of time so without a backmark its hard to nail down a timeframe.

http://www.civilwarbuttons.com/uscentrlist.htm

UC112 or UC115 on that link

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread